Facing Problem with Rogain - experienced and prof advise pls

mutantnilio

Reaction score
I used rogain for 5 months, twice daily. And i had huge success.
Then i went to see Bosley, and a doctor said - continue for 7 more months and do it only once a day.

Now after 1 month with that instruction, I am actually loosing what i grew last 5 months.

* is it because i m using once a day now?
* anyone think I should continue twice cuz probably the hairline got used to such treatment?
* Any other professional advise? pls post.

Strat54

Established Member
Reaction score
Most likely.

* anyone think I should continue twice cuz probably the hairline got used to such treatment?
Yes. You should use minoxidil at least 12 months 2 x day (maybe you could still grow more hair), then switch to 1 x day.

Only a doctor could give you a professional advice.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Re: Facing Problem with Rogain - experienced and prof advise

mutantnilio said:
Then i went to see Bosley, and a doctor said - continue for 7 more months and do it only once a day.
Terrible advice. That doctor is obviously not knowledgable at all about the nature of minoxidil.

joseph49853

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Re: Facing Problem with Rogain - experienced and prof advise

mutantnilio said:
I used rogain for 5 months, twice daily. And i had huge success.

Now after 1 month with that instruction, I am actually loosing what i grew last 5 months.

You can successfully apply minoxidil once a day, especially if you increase absorption. Try applying the minoxidil to a slightly damp head, just after you come out of the shower. I was able to continue maintaining and growing new hair, on just one daily minoxidil application, by increasing absorption in just this way.

Or you can take it to the next step, using .05% Retin-a creme/gel to increase absorption. I'm making HUGE progress with just a once-a-day application of Retin-a/minoxidil, and nothing else. Apply a few pea-sized dabs of Retin-a, wait 1-15 minutes, and then apply the minoxidil... and only use Retin-a 3-4x a week. Good luck.

mutantnilio

Reaction score
Thanks much for your words.

I will continue twice from now on. But i felt like i lost 3 months of earliar hair growth in 1 month, only for using rogain once a day. May be this time I should continue more than 7 months, may b 8/9 - twice daily.