Facing possible side effects and think of quitting propecia

Bamahanti

Reaction score
So i started taking propecia for a week, all was good for the first day or two cept the small dip in sex drive. Then i started getting eye irritations and after reading this article http://www.hairsite2.com/library/article263.htm , i'm really starting to worry about the effects of finasteride on my long term health(i.e. the dry eyes, impotence, liver damage, etc.). As much as i want to keep my hair im afraid ill be fighting an uphill battle when i develop even more serious issues while taking finasteride. I'm starting to worry if i even did any permanent damage after taking a week of propecia :( .

I have read a lot of success stories on this site and i'm glad that propecia worked for a lot of u and good luck on those that want to start, but i guess i'm done. I'll continue to use rogaine since its much safer hehe

:)

hairynewyork

Reaction score
The dude wasn't even taking the correct dose that's reccomended for hairloss, and there's zero proof that his problems came from finasteride.

:lol:

About 5 months ago I reduced my finasteride dose to 0.5 mg/day from 2.5 mg/day with no improvement obtained.

But if you personally do experience sides and they don't seem to go away then you're probably better off quitting.

Bamahanti

Reaction score
haha u are right, the guy is using wrong dose for his hair loss :lol: . but i'm still determined to quit. As much as i want my dry eyes to be a coincidence, the fact that it started right after i took my 3rd dose or so (still irritating btw), the possibility of a coincidence is too unlikely :( . And who really knows the long term effects of a hormone altering drug like propecia?

BTW for those that couldnt access the link before its because of the comma at the end, its fixed now.