Fabian's Story - (27)

Danceunity

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

My name is Fabian, I'm 27.

I started to loose my hair when I was 20. During this period I tried different stuff (Formula 101, SP94, Fitoval) but with no success.

Today I got Minoxidil 5%. I bought for 6 months threatment. And started today after haircut. I'll do it twice a day. I put here 2 pictures: before haircut and after haircut. Everytime I do new haircut (approx. 1,5 month period) I'll take a picture with my Nokia N95 and put it here. So, we will see results month by month. I also use Oronazol once a week.

I hope I did not start late? I am loosing hair more than 7 years.

What are your opinions? Do you think I can maintain my hair or have slight hair regrowth?

Just your opinion, you will see results month by month. :hairy:

Before haircut:
before.jpg

After haircut:
afterfront.jpg

afterback.jpg

rusty_y2k2

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Fabian's Story

No, not too late - people have bounced back from worse.

I would reeeeeally recommend getting on propecia though sooner rather than later, it's your best chance of keeping what you've got, then any regrowth from the minoxidil is a bonus.

Danceunity

Reaction score

Someone mentioned that stress on work in combinatiom with minoxidil can cause dizziness, rapid heartbeat and other? 3 months of using and everything ok. Now on summer problems. I dont use it last 3 weeks and feeling weird, like a little bit tired. Maybe it's from work, I dont know. I work a lot in the summer, all day, and don't feed my self very often (2 times a day).

I was visiting my doctor, blood ok, blood pressure ok. He can't tell me if minoxidil is causing it.

What do you think? Someone stop using it becouse of health problems (blood pressure, diziness??)

BTW, this is the picture after three months using. I was on hair cut a month ago, so hair is a little bit longer. But I can say: it works for me, I am satisfied with results.

Any suggestions? Use Revivogen, there are no side effects?

Thank you!

after%203%20months.jpg

:$

Obsidian

Reaction score

Your crown has filled in quite nicely. Althought like the users said above, your best bet is to start finasteride and the sooner the better.

tgates209

Established Member
Reaction score

Wow - major change! Good for you. I hope it works that well for me...

Danceunity

Reaction score

And now look at this! I have NOT been using (stopped) minoxidil 2 months ago, and it seems everything is going back as before. This is my picture. When I wash my hair I see 200-300 pcs falling.

2 MONTHS NOT USING minoxidil

2%20months%20not%20using.jpg

I don't know will I start using it again becouse of medical reasons. Maby start with Revivogen?

Does anyone know if I start using it again will I retrieve hair one more time back?

kadosh

Established Member
Reaction score

you responded to it pretty good the first time so theres no reason it wont work again . but you should definitely get on propecia and nizoral too .

ygrec

Reaction score

Revivogen is crap, now I'm pretty sure of it. I did use it (without finasteride or anything else, apart from Nizoral) for over and year, and it did nothing. I thought i was maintaining, but apparently I just don't have very agressive hairloss.
I know someone who had good success with fluridil, but it's rather expensive. You can try that if you don't mind the cost and don't want to get on finasteride, or possibly topical spironolactone. In fact, if I were you I'd try topical spironolactone, plus you may want to add some lavender essential oil to the minoxidil (that's what I'm doing). According to Michael Barry's test, it does seem to have decent antiandrogenic properties. I also began to add green tea extract to minoxidil - there's some evidence it may be beneficial for hairloss. May not do wonders on its own, but certainly won't hurt and worth a try.
In any case it's certainly not too late - if you browse this forum you can see people who bounced back from worse. Mind you, they did take finasteride. But perhaps you can try a topicals only regimen, you can always add finasteride later.

Petchsky

Reaction score

minoxidil definitely seemed to work for you, maybe use just once a day? And are you completely sure it was the minoxidil that was having an effect on you? sometimes people take medicine and then associate that with anything negative happening, i.e headaches etc...

Danceunity

Reaction score

Petchsky said:
minoxidil definitely seemed to work for you, maybe use just once a day? And are you completely sure it was the minoxidil that was having an effect on you? sometimes people take medicine and then associate that with anything negative happening, i.e headaches etc...

I asked doctor and psychiatrist. And bothj said minoxidil is not the reason. I had some "panic problems", possible reason is too much work and less eat.

I am still taking light antidepressive pills, but I am feeling OK. I want to start with minoxidil again, but I'm not sure if minoxidil is maby "helping" me being more sensible, having problems with being nervous and scared. For three months using minoxidil I didn't feel any side effects.

Even psychiatrist told me minoxidil is not the reason, I'm still suspicious.