F*ck this (rant, sorry)

s.a.f

Reaction score
ghg said:
It's funny how these threads always turn out to be... there's this holy coalition of uc, hp91 and sir alex who think there's nothing worse than balding vs. the rest who try to see some hope and not think ultra-negatively all the f****ing time.

Look you've got me wrong I'm not on of the IBM/Taug types who consider being bald as some kind of social disease like leprosy that means life is over.
But I just want some posters like yourself to acknowledge that it is a negative trait that will impact on the lives of some sufferers and agree that people have the right to be upset about it. And being constantly told to just lighten up about it does'nt help.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
s.a.f said:
Everybody handles it differently, not everyone is in the same situation. If all of us looked like Vin Deisel or Jason Statham this forum would'nt exist.

As for optimus's dad, thats a different generation and a less superficial society, but I'm sure if the big 3 were around in his day he'd probably have tried them.

Yea I agree. My mum said that she noticed his confidence dipped for a while and he wore hats for about 4 months, however he did move on. It just makes me think that these sites and drugs just make it harder for us to move on.

There becomes a time where you have to say f*** it and move on. I am not there yet, and I have my hairloss demons. That's why I am here and taking the big 3.

Still a role model none the less. Either that or I am afraid I am becoming him...

Obsidian

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
As for optimus's dad, thats a different generation and a less superficial society, but I'm sure if the big 3 were around in his day he'd probably have tried them.

Less superficial? Maybe, I think losing your hair in the 40's to the 80's was ten times worse than it is today. I mean when you have a song that says "Gimme a head with hair" you have reached a new low of superficiality.

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
GHG,

Before I forget, since you think those guys are another generation and everything.

How about Bret Michaels? How about Mike O"Malley? Both of them are almost NEVER seen without a hat or bandanna on. And they are on TV right now. Mike O'Malley is in that new Christian Slater show and this might be the first time he goes hatless in a show. He had another sitcom a couple of years ago and work a baseball cap in all 200 episodes. Bret Michaels has slight receding and covers it up with a bandanna and cowboy hat all the time.

Yeah, things might be different in the USA. Finnish celebrities and sportsmen always go the shaved route nowadays. I don't even know who the hell that O'Malley guy is.

Dario

Established Member
Reaction score
optimus prime said:
It just makes me think that these sites and drugs just make it harder for us to move on.

You said it well. Mostly because these boards are filled with immature people. People who are mature enough, just move on...

That is pretty reasonable for youngsters, but when I see someone over 30 crying about his hair....I don't know...I see bald confident people all the time...having great jobs and families....no one in their surroundings cares about theirs hair....no one....

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score
Dario said:
optimus prime said:
It just makes me think that these sites and drugs just make it harder for us to move on.

You said it well. Mostly because these boards are filled with immature people. People who are mature enough, just move on...

That is pretty reasonable for youngsters, but when I see someone over 30 crying about his hair....I don't know...I see bald confident people all the time...having great jobs and families....no one in their surroundings cares about theirs hair....no one....
I think it does bother them but they don't have a lot of time to fuss over it.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
He's the live-in friend in that show Yes, Dear. Always wears a hat in the show, always.