F*ck this (rant, sorry)

Obsidian

Reaction score
I promised myself if hairloss wanted to affect other parts of my life, fine so be it but I promised myself it would not affect my schoolwork and exercise regimen. Well guess what? I already slacked off my finance homework and have been hesistant to exercise, great job there Daniel! I don't give a sh*t if I have a horseshoe at the end of the year that also turns gray, I am not going to throw away all I have worked for just because of fear of what others thinks if I am losing it or not.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
It takes alot of courage, or a special kind of denial to be able to face the world with a bald head and be a productive part of society.

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
man i feel your pain... i slacked off at work, was lucky to have a very high paid job and fucked it up, i screwed my friendships with a lot of friends....... i fucked up a lot cause of hairloss...

Obsidian

Reaction score
I know, but I promised myself especially after seeing some people on here that I would never become like that no matter how much it sucks because a good portion of my teenage years sucked *** but that is my fault and I am not going to sit on a forum when I hit a NW5 - NW7 talking about how I wish I was still balding I CAN'T DO THAT AND I WON'T LET IT HAPPEN. I CAN'T LET THIS DOMINATE MY LIFE AND RUIN IT, MY LIFE IS STILL BEGINNING. I will never get an hair transplant because 1. I am probably in for extensive balding 2. My hair loss has sadly become an obsession and I know like anything if I somehow managed at forty something to be an NW6 and somehow got a good NW3V, I would still be like "Wish I was an NW2". I mean I have started to admire these guys and I am sure someone will say "Well they are Rockstars, they don't care" I don't give a sh*t, they are inspirations to me that they can live with it and even joke about it then so can I and most of them hit the higher Norwood's stages before they were 30.

Rev. Jim of Sixty Watt Shaman
Sixty-Watt-Shaman-Chicago-B.jpg

Scott Ian of Anthrax
a_VH1-Rock-scotty02.jpg
He is probably more personal bald idol because he is also in real life probably only an inch or so shorter than me.

Nick Oliveri formely of QotSA
mondo.jpg

F*ck it, I am going to go work out and run.

cruz

Reaction score
Obsidian said:
I know, but I promised myself especially after seeing some people on here that I would never become like that no matter how much it sucks

Exactly how i used to think as well. I would read some of the extrememly depressing posts on here about how some guys had pretty much lost their 20's through anxiety over hairloss. I felt sorry for them that it affected them so much, but i was pretty certain that no matter how hard it got, i would be able to deal with it and lead a decent life. Fast forward a few years and now it seems i'm heading in the same direction - my social life is dissapearing.

Your attitude about study and fitness is spot on though. Like dudemon said, you've just got to keep picking yourself up each time you fall down.

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
It takes alot of courage, or a special kind of denial to be able to face the world with a bald head and be a productive part of society.
Do you realize how ridiculous you sound? Do you think Vin Diesel or Jay Statham or any other bald productive guy in life ever in his life thought that? NO! It happens and people move on with life, you have no control over your genes. You can only have it happen then react somehow. If you have enough money you can find a superior solution.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
slowburn said:
uncomfortable man said:
Do you realize how ridiculous you sound? Do you think Vin Diesel or Jay Statham or any other bald productive guy in life ever in his life thought that? NO! It happens and people move on with life, you have no control over your genes. You can only have it happen then react somehow. If you have enough money you can find a superior solution.

Do you realize how absurd it is to always bring up the same few bald successful guys? NOT EVERYONE CAN LOOK LIKE THEM OR BE THEM.

If you have money and you can find a superior solution, then explain to me why bald famous rich people like Hulk Hogan and Ron Howard hide behind bandanas and hats all the time. I'm pretty they can afford ANY treatment they want. Truth is, when you are bald, there is no solution.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
slowburn said:
uncomfortable man said:

Do you realize how absurd it is to always bring up the same few bald successful guys? NOT EVERYONE CAN LOOK LIKE THEM OR BE THEM.

If you have money and you can find a superior solution, then explain to me why bald famous rich people like Hulk Hogan and Ron Howard hide behind bandanas and hats all the time. I'm pretty they can afford ANY treatment they want. Truth is, when you are bald, there is no solution.

My Dad. He is a NW7. He was a NW3 at 26 and a NW5 by 30 and a NW6 by 35. He didn't wear hats unless it was a hot day. He went on to run a successful business and bring up his family. He didn't hide or moan, it just got on with it.

I fully respect him. I wish I was like that.

s.a.f

Reaction score
optimus prime said:
My Dad. He is a NW7. He was a NW3 at 26 and a NW5 by 30 and a NW6 by 35. He didn't wear hats unless it was a hot day. He went on to run a successful business and bring up his family. He didn't hide or moan, it just got on with it.

Everybody handles it differently, not everyone is in the same situation. If all of us looked like Vin Deisel or Jason Statham this forum would'nt exist.

As for optimus's dad, thats a different generation and a less superficial society, but I'm sure if the big 3 were around in his day he'd probably have tried them.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
optimus prime said:

SAF mentioned something about what I was going to say. But again, you said it, a NW3 by 26. a Norwood 5 but 30 and normal progression (though a little fast). You have time to adjust. I was a slight Norwood 2 at like 20, I was a Norwood 6 at 24.

I am glad your dad didn't let it beat him though. All power to him.

My point is that you can't really compare situation between bald people. People always bring up Statham and Diesel like every one else looks like them or has their personality.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Scott Ian looks really good. You need a face structure to look good as bald. I don't have this at all. No cheeckbones, no chin -- nothing. Only a bigger forehead and hair that used to look perfect. I look like a toothless old man -- that's because my teeth are too small and hold wrongly, that no dentist can fix them (they all say me that :'(). I hate my life...

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
slowburn said:
uncomfortable man said:

There are lots of "successful bald guys", only the few get mentioned for some reason. Hulk Hogan and Ron Howard are of older generation than us, they can't be compared. When they were young, being bald was much worse than it is today. They couldn't shave their heads, they just had to sport the bozo look. It would look weird if they'd start shaving now, although I think Hulk Hogan would look cool if he'd also shave his moustache. I see young-ish bald guys every day and very few of them look very bad.

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score
HatPrisoner91 said:
slowburn said:
uncomfortable man said:

Hulk Hogan got popular being bald didn't he? Yup!

s.a.f

Reaction score
I think Hogan actually looks better bald than with hair (I cant think of anyone else who I can say that about), but who here can say that they'd actually like to look like him?

ghg said:
I see young-ish bald guys every day and very few of them look very bad.

Yes but we all know that they'd look better with hair.

barcafan

Reaction score
s.a.f said:
I think Hogan actually looks better bald than with hair (I cant think of anyone else who I can say that about), but who here can say that they'd actually like to look like him?

ghg said:

I'd look better if i was 3 inches taller. yup

ghg

My Regimen
Reaction score
s.a.f said:

ghg said:

Not everyone looks better with hair. And so what if they would? For example Scott Ian looks much cooler bald than with hair. It's funny how these threads always turn out to be... there's this holy coalition of uc, hp91 and sir alex who think there's nothing worse than balding vs. the rest who try to see some hope and not think ultra-negatively all the f*****g time.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
barcafan said:
I'd look better if i was 3 inches taller. yup

Do you really want to compare the two of them? OK Lets.

The only way it would compare is if you were a certain height and then for some werid reason begun to get shorts by 3 to 6 inches. So you knew your whole life what it felt and then lost it. If you were never talll you wouldn't be losing anything. If none of us had hair, it would be different than just having it all fall out and being unable to stop it.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
slowburn said:
Hulk Hogan got popular being bald didn't he? Yup!

Rich, famous and popular. But how often do you see WITHOUT A BANDANA on? Point is, the guy has made it more than any of us, is loaded beyond belief, is huge, is an old freaking man but he STILL has to put something on his head at all times. The guy went to court where his son was being sentenced to prison wearing a bandanna for christ's sake. YUP!

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ghg said:
There are lots of "successful bald guys", only the few get mentioned for some reason. Hulk Hogan and Ron Howard are of older generation than us, they can't be compared. When they were young, being bald was much worse than it is today. They couldn't shave their heads, they just had to sport the bozo look. It would look weird if they'd start shaving now, although I think Hulk Hogan would look cool if he'd also shave his moustache. I see young-ish bald guys every day and very few of them look very bad.

If they are older, you would think they wouldn't be hiding it anymore. Everyone has seen them bald and knows they are bald but they feel more comfortable hiding it.

Some guys look ok bald. It depends on the person. I'd like for you to walk up to one of those you see who do look bad and tell them that they look good because Vin Diesel looks good. See how long that lasts.

HatPrisoner91

Experienced Member
Reaction score
GHG,

Before I forget, since you think those guys are another generation and everything.

How about Bret Michaels? How about Mike O"Malley? Both of them are almost NEVER seen without a hat or bandanna on. And they are on TV right now. Mike O'Malley is in that new Christian Slater show and this might be the first time he goes hatless in a show. He had another sitcom a couple of years ago and work a baseball cap in all 200 episodes. Bret Michaels has slight receding and covers it up with a bandanna and cowboy hat all the time.