F*ck spironolactone shampoo

CCS

Reaction score
It is all about the licorice.

IBM

Reaction score
Another topical attempt failed... CCS internals are the way.

CCS

Reaction score
I was just being funny. spironolactone shampoo is good stuff. I just suspect the licorice will be better. No, I've not tested it. Just many scientists have tested it.

Whereas Nizoral inhibits 6% of sebum production for 3 days, licorice inhibits 100% for 1 week. That makes me think it is a lot stronger than RU. And many other sites, not even hair loss sites, are saying it is a baldness treatment, though they say it treats a lot of stuff too, so who knows.

1derphull

Established Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
. That makes me think it is a lot stronger than RU.

i doubt this....but im interested in seeing your results, please keep us posted.

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Whereas Nizoral inhibits 6% of sebum production for 3 days, licorice inhibits 100% for 1 week.

Where are you getting this information from CCS?

Licorice inhibits sebum for 1 week at 100%? I dont believe it.

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
Why are you so worried about sebum? Isn't follicular DHT what we should be worried about?

CCS

Reaction score
blaze said:
Whereas Nizoral inhibits 6% of sebum production for 3 days, licorice inhibits 100% for 1 week.

Where are you getting this information from CCS?

Licorice inhibits sebum for 1 week at 100%? I dont believe it.

I posted that info in 2 threads in this section, and squeegee posted it in the research section.

CCS

Reaction score
Def said:
Why are you so worried about sebum? Isn't follicular DHT what we should be worried about?

I'm not worried about sebum. Sebum reduction just demonstrates the power of the licorice.

CCS

Reaction score
eddy_simpson said:
CCS im unable to find licorice oil online. Can you point me to a source please.

read the other threads right next to this one.

dmx0mail.com

Reaction score
Def said:

I'm not worried about sebum. Sebum reduction just demonstrates the power of the licorice.
Is it safe to assume that because of licorices' powerful ability to inhibit sebum that it may also have an equally powerful inhibitory effect on DHT?

blueshard

Established Member
Reaction score
You cannot just assume, it has to be tested.

It looks as though it is anti-androgenic, this doesn't mean that is will stop hair loss though.

CCS

Reaction score
dmx0mail.com said:
Def said:

Is it safe to assume that because of licorices' powerful ability to inhibit sebum that it may also have an equally powerful inhibitory effect on DHT?

the sebum statement is just a demonstration. There have been tests done on the actual anti-androgenic abilites, that found it to be better than any of the other extracts tested.

lavender, spironolactone, egcg, and curcumin would cover most of these propperties though. just maybe not as strong.

CCS

Reaction score
maybe spironolactone shampoo is a good idea, just in case the licorice is not as strong an androgen receptor blocker. Hard to know. I hate risking a reaction with my nizoral, but I never saw a color change or smell change, and my hair felt good during that period. So maybe I'll give it a second go.