Eyes and cheek swelling from Oral minoxidil

Moosey

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I aborted minoxidil for this exact reason. I dont have high standards to myself but my face and skin just looked horrible

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I aborted minoxidil for this exact reason. I dont have high standards to myself but my face and skin just looked horrible
Not sure who that avatar is, but it is a striking example of man style from the past with an interesting choice in part, midway between center and side, and the "wet" look that was prominent until the Beatles. We so much just want hair, we forget about style details such as length and part choice and leaving in tonic or gel or mousse.

Maybe people should speak to a cosmetic surgeon and get an idea about what is possible for them, cost, etc., than just assuming. Filler might take care of any issues I have. Just using botox and filler, then can do amazing things in an hour, where you walk in and all but literally except for swelling, walk out looking much different and hopefully better. I have posted pics of before and after filler visits and I think the improvement is amazing. It's also seems to work together with HRT for those who want that sort of "molding" effect.

If I had one sort of moderating tip, it would be for people to be less dogmatic about what is possible and what matters most to our individual looks and some guys might have eyes that are so prominent or piercing that they value this differently from others. Ultimately, we all want to look in the mirror and see someone who appears worthy, related to the person that we see in our mind's eye.

Best,
Janey

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Einstein i had the same problem you describe. I ended up cutting my dosage in half (2.5mg morning, 2.5mg night) and the frequency/severity for which I had the intensely puffy eyes (I had it every day until noon-ish) subsided greatly. The good news is that I didn’t see a decrease in the efficacy of the oral minoxidil when doing this. Oral minoxidil >>>> topical if you can do it safely.

Like a couple others in this thread, I monitored my blood pressure several times a week for the first few weeks to ensure it was okay for me to take. I first got a baseline, then started taking the drug and went to a local CVS to get my pressure taken (they didn’t have an automated machine, but the pharmacist had no problem coming out and taking it manually for me). My bp did change a bit, but then leveled off back to baseline..:if I recall correctly, I have a pretty low resting heart rate (low 40s, maybe— it’s been a while), so once the bp decrease a little bit, my hr increased slightly to make up for it. Not by any extremes, and I was/am still very much well in the safe / healthy range. For everybody else reading this, before going full trottle into loniten, please do your due diligence.
do you get unwanted body hair with taht dosage?

Donny J

Established Member
Reaction score
do you get unwanted body hair with taht dosage?
Nothing of note, but I regularly groom the rest of my body (shave chest, shoulders, little bits on the back, & keep my beard trimmed low etc.), so I likely wouldn’t have noticed any change if it did occur.

I’m unsure if body hair growth is a real concern of yours, or if it would be an added bonus (some people have seen stronger facial hair growth and enjoy it), but scalp hair >>>>>> unwanted add’l body hair growth concerns

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score

My skin is fine on it, do you have a good skincare regimen? sides effect us all differently of course.