Eyebrow thinning! Help Please!

fuzbucket

Established Member
Reaction score
I have noticed some changes in my eyebrows since I've been on propecia (atleast so it seems)... they have grown longer..... and have changed in color...... and now appear to be thinning!!! This is very scary I DO NOT want to lose my eyebrows... I could be imagining it, but I don't know. So please tell me..... i've heard of other people losing their eyebrows..... and if I am then how much will I expect to lose and will it grow back? Thanks.

In-Valid

x5o

Established Member
Reaction score
Hmmmm..............havn't really heard much about that, but keep this in mind, losing your hair can really get you wound up and on edge at times. You may be looking ultra-critically at your appearance and noticing somthing that has always been there. Then again, maybe not. Could just be your body adjusting to the hormonal changes of the proscar. I would try to do your best to relax about it and give it a little while to see what happens, certainly a visit to the Derm. couldn't hurt. I never heard of anyone losing body hair because of the proscar.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Invalid - its all part of the minor changes that go on with Propecia in some people. I had major eyelash shedding and eyebrow shedding too. It comes and goes. You dont ever lose your eyebrows though, so relax :)

If you've got increased oiliness going on in the "T" section of your face, this can add to the "less than perfect" skin conditions and contributes to the fallout a little bit, just like the same thing happens on your scalp when your skin isn't in good condition. Its temporary. Don't worry about it.

HairLossTalk.com

fuzbucket

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks! You are always very informative and helpful.

Hey HairLossTalk.com can you tell me why you quit propecia, I remember reading it was from the side-effects..... but I mean shouldn't pretty everyone expect similar side-effects in the long run? So eventually am I going to have to quit?

In-Valid