Eyebrow Shedding On finasteride.

Did You Shed Eyebrow Hair on finasteride ?

• Total voters

Sir_LagaLot

Established Member
Reaction score
those of you who're taking finasteride, did you experiance any eyebrow shed?.. I seem to read more and more eyebrow threads and i'm losing eyebrow hair since i started finasteride as well. Why would this be? eyebrow hair isnt DHT sensitive now is it?..and if they attribute the usual finasteride shed to reduced DHT then what're you supposed to blame this for?

try a gentle pull test on your eyebrow and answer the poll.

G

Sir Lagalot,

If you are losing eyebrow noticeably you may well have a thyroid problem. That may also tie in with your Telogen Effluvium/male pattern baldness hairloss.

I don't know whether you have had that checked with a doctor but you should if you haven't.

Other symptoms are:

Mild Depression
Tiredness
Lump in the throat/difficulty swallowing

Sir_LagaLot

Established Member
Reaction score
hmm...i am fatigued..but i thought obsessing about hair this much could do that to you. i have absolutely no appetite in the morning. my nails have thin vertical ridges on them but i think you get those with age (me 21 though) anyway, they arent spoon shaped(which usually indicate iron deficiency)...
mild depression...hairloss on the 'right' side more...very nervous all the time...very restless as if i have to be someplace all the time. while all these ARE symptoms of hypothyroidism...

my TSH 3 months ago was 4.3 ..which i was told was normal..
the other two counts i got checked i guess were the wrong ones..i got total t3 and t4 done with the TSH and not free t3 and t4...both the total t3 and t4 were in the high range..

*shrugs..

mark16v

Established Member
Reaction score
best of luck mate, I hope you are feeling better.

go see a doctor tho, with your troubles, best you can do.

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
How many hairs are you loosing? Is there noticeable loss in eyebrow density?

Cassini

Reaction score
Hello Sir_LagaLot, any news about your eyebrow?
I lately have the same problem I lost about 50% of my eyebrows hair!

eXVee

Established Member
Reaction score
I recently had an eyebrow shed. A gentle pull would give me 3 to 5 hairs from each eyebrow. Then suddenly a gentle pull would give me 5-7 from my left and 10-12 from my right. It stopped after that and my head started shedding. I look worse then before I started finasteride, but I think it'll get better soon.