Eyebrow loss and acne!!!! :(

GuitarGuy503

Reaction score
I'm 20 years old and have been having eyebrow loss issues and acne issues for about 2 years now. I am on Tetracycline for my acne and have seen a decrease in results. As far as the eyebrow loss goes.... I take a shower (I have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and I feel a long shower is necessary), get out, dry off, and normally a few hours later my eyebrows feel dry and most of the time I find little flakes of skin in my eyebrows. On rare occassions my eyebrows feel great and not dry whatsoever and hairloss doesnt seem to be a big issue. When I look in the mirror now my eyebrows are sparse looking and don't keep their shape very well because of the sparseness. From a far distance my eyebrows look lighter in areas because of the loss of hair in certain areas. I'm waiting for my health insurance to kick in so I can go see a dermatologist but until then, any ideas or advice?... Anyone?... :(

GuitarGuy503

Reaction score
Just when I think I've figured out the solution to solve my acne and hairloss problems they become a big problem again. Theres phases when I feel great and like any normal happy kid but sooner or later I break down and my issues become a problem again and I'm lost without a solution once again. :(

The Gardener

Reaction score
I strongly suggest trying Face Doctor soap. Use it twice daily, per the instructions.

You can buy it from several outlets, do a google on "Face Doctor Soap" and tons of places to buy it from will come up.

mon

Established Member
Reaction score
Thats exactly how I began losing my hair in the first place. I had a severe case of acne, which resulted in escess sebum (I literally had to wash my face every hour to get rid of the oil build up). My scalp also became extremely oily resulting in thinning and hair becoming really coarse and ugly looking. When I started using nizarol the sebum cleared away, now I don't become oily at all. I also used retin a for the face to get rid of the acne (spots on the face). My hair has regained the quuality of pre acne days.

I have always wondered whether my hair loss was a result of the acne and perhaps it wasn't male pattern baldness at all and my hair was going to regain its quality regardless of whether I used Monixidl and revivogen, whih I have been using for nearly 2 years and 8 months respectively. But, I must say that hairloss was in the shape of male pattern baldness (loss at temples and thinning at crown).