Eyebrow hair transplant or microblading. What's best?

Langsverd

Reaction score
I see some people recommend microblading underneath current eyebrows to enhance thin eyebrows. What's your opinion on this?
  • What would look best natural, hair transplant or microblading, and what would look most natural.
I assume it's easier to enhance the shape of the eyebrows using subtle microblading. Something like this is what I am thinking about, where the v-shape underneath is only enhanced, and no hair strands are drawn outside the current eyebrows. I have heard many eyebrow hair transplant might end up unnatural (depending on the success of the surgery) and that hair transplant eyebrows need some maintenance by trimming them since transplanted hairs grow much longer than original hairs. I assume these are not incompatible. It's possible to do both.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I see some people recommend microblading underneath current eyebrows to enhance thin eyebrows. What's your opinion on this?
  • What would look best natural, hair transplant or microblading, and what would look most natural.
I assume it's easier to enhance the shape of the eyebrows using subtle microblading. Something like this is what I am thinking about, where the v-shape underneath is only enhanced, and no hair strands are drawn outside the current eyebrows. I have heard many eyebrow hair transplant might end up unnatural (depending on the success of the surgery) and that hair transplant eyebrows need some maintenance by trimming them since transplanted hairs grow much longer than original hairs. I assume these are not incompatible. It's possible to do both.

I microneedle my brows since I have a scar and they are very light in color. I am also trying to microneedle below the eyes but it is cumbersome and painful. The other thing you might try is oral minoxidil. That might make lashes and brows grow in more thickly, along with scalp, beard and body hair as well.

Just as an aside, using eye and brow makeup seems to be feminizing for me as opposed to no makeup but that might be due to just how much makeup is associated with females.

Langsverd

Reaction score
Microneedling yeah. I assume you do it to boost collagen, and thereby also boost hair growth? I have tried topical minoxidil and it gave wanted hair growth (scalp) and unwanted hair growth on the skin of the face. I gave it up due to wrinkling.

But microblading here, it's supposed to look like real natural hair strands. Given it's done in moderation, and is below the real eyebrows. Most who do microblading opt for the feminizing look, or perhaps the SMP artist is unable to do other looks, and it ends up looking like this. Neat, manicured, overblown and girly. A dark hair here and there beneath male eyebrows won't have that effect, rather the eyebrows would just look darker and denser and fuller.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Microneedling yeah. I assume you do it to boost collagen, and thereby also boost hair growth? I have tried topical minoxidil and it gave wanted hair growth (scalp) and unwanted hair growth on the skin of the face. I gave it up due to wrinkling.

But microblading here, it's supposed to look like real natural hair strands. Given it's done in moderation, and is below the real eyebrows. Most who do microblading opt for the feminizing look, or perhaps the SMP artist is unable to do other looks, and it ends up looking like this. Neat, manicured, overblown and girly. A dark hair here and there beneath male eyebrows won't have that effect, rather the eyebrows would just look darker and denser and fuller.
Thanks for that and brow loss and over-compensation can have terrible effects on looks and virility. Below is Pierre Salinger, all but forgotten today but he was a Senator and appeared on the news and in the news for 50 years or something. Trim those brows, Pierre, I used to say but RIP. W.C. Fields and J.P. Morgan had similar aspects to their visages with rampant rosacea. There are things worse than baldness.

JP Morgan, The Robber Baron With the Disturbing Facialhttps://www.newenglandhistoricalsociety.com › j-p-mor...

1629663111046.png
1629663339502.png

Langsverd

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I copy, but dang what eyebrows the dude on the first picture had. An eyebrow hair transplant could give something resembling that I assume.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I copy, but dang what eyebrows the dude on the first picture had. An eyebrow hair transplant could give something resembling that I assume.
Just I think, an agreement that male brows can make substantial differences in being an attractive 80-year old or an attractive younger guy. I think mine have grown back but I was losing eyebrow hair before so even this uncatalogued male/female experience can become an issue like, first baldness on scalp but now in my brows, bros too?

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So ha! Tell me what you recommend. They keep changing colors which I used to call a birth mark on the right blonder one but now that has been muted lately until oral minoxidil:

Attachments

• 11thGrade.jpg
    11thGrade.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 108
  • 20ish.jpeg
    20ish.jpeg
    94.2 KB · Views: 110
  • 30somthin.jpeg
    30somthin.jpeg
    81.9 KB · Views: 89
  • Meet_Jane.jpg
    Meet_Jane.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 83
  • Wiil? in Stripes.png
    Wiil? in Stripes.png
    764.2 KB · Views: 76
  • Too big.jpeg
    Too big.jpeg
    109.4 KB · Views: 83
  • Too Small.jpeg
    Too Small.jpeg
    124.5 KB · Views: 86

Langsverd

Reaction score
What I recommend is, but I started the thread to get input, to get a discussion, is:

Female look
- If utterly lacking eyebrows, do a minor eyebrow hair transplant. Disadvantage is maintenance and unnatural look.
- Then do microblading. Do most if not all underneath current hair. It's fine if it strays a little outside the current brow to get the best shape
- Optional: Whenever at the hair dresser anyways, do a eyebrow coloring. Bring like a picture from Perfect365 or Faceapp, to show what parts of the eyebrow one would like colored, and what shade of a given color
- Have manicured eyebrows, but opt for as natural look as possible

If one feels for it, have a daily make up routine, or perhaps before party make up routine, where one experiments Brow Mascara and other makeup products to find what gives the best party look. Products such as these https://www.allure.com/gallery/best-eyebrow-products

Male look
- If utterly lacking eyebrows, do a minor eyebrow hair transplant. Disadvantage is maintenance and unnatural look.
- Then do microblading. Less is more, and always do it underneath current hair
- Optional: Whenever at the hair dresser anyways, do a eyebrow coloring. Bring like a picture from Perfect365 or Faceapp, to show what parts of the eyebrow one would like colored, and what shade of a given color
- Don't have manicured eyebrows, let them grow a little wild and free outside the regular eyebrow area.
- Pluck away hairs that would make up a monobrow

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What I recommend is, but I started the thread to get input, to get a discussion, is:

Female look
- Then do microblading. Do most if not all underneath current hair. It's fine if it strays a little outside the current brow to get the best shape
- Have manicured eyebrows, but opt for as natural look as possible

If one feels for it, have a daily make up routine, or perhaps before party make up routine, where one experiments Brow Mascara and other makeup products to find what gives the best party look. Products such as these https://www.allure.com/gallery/best-eyebrow-products

Male look
- Then do microblading. Less is more, and always do it underneath current hair
- Don't have manicured eyebrows, let them grow a little wild and free outside the regular eyebrow area.
- Pluck away hairs that would make up a monobrow
Thank you and brows and lashes are kinds of hair that males usually don't put much thought into. I usually fill mine in with brow pencil but just makeup on brows and lashes, under and above seems to be feminizing in that people notice without really noticing the feminization aspect. Long, framing hair is similarly feminizing.