Extreme Stress Related To Immediate Shedding?

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lately I’ve been shedding less in the shower (went from 40-50+ hairs to about 20) after taking finasteride for about a month and a half. But yesterday I went to my college orientation without toppik and I was freaking out the whole time. My anxiety levels were through the roof to the point where I couldn’t focus on anything and was probably noticeably distraught.

When I got in my car to leave after hours of feeling this way, I watched anywhere from 25-50 hairs fall from my head in just about 1 hour. It was unbelievable.

My question is, does anyone believe that acute stress can have an immediate effect on shedding?

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. I have tangible difference in my scalp inflammation
So, in theory, if someone’s hair loss dramitcally increased while being under extreme stress for months, can’t the hair loss be reversed if stress is lowered and treatment is still applied?

These hairs that are falling aren’t really minituarizing are they? Every hair I look at has even thickness throughout the strand

Sliceofbread

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
So, in theory, if someone’s hair loss dramitcally increased while being under extreme stress for months, can’t the hair loss be reversed if stress is lowered and treatment is still applied?

These hairs that are falling aren’t really minituarizing are they? Every hair I look at has even thickness throughout the strand

Who knows lol, worrying about it will only make us shed more

Cowboys fan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lately I’ve been shedding less in the shower (went from 40-50+ hairs to about 20) after taking finasteride for about a month and a half. But yesterday I went to my college orientation without toppik and I was freaking out the whole time. My anxiety levels were through the roof to the point where I couldn’t focus on anything and was probably noticeably distraught.

When I got in my car to leave after hours of feeling this way, I watched anywhere from 25-50 hairs fall from my head in just about 1 hour. It was unbelievable.

My question is, does anyone believe that acute stress can have an immediate effect on shedding?

I believe that hair that was lost because of stress will come back but rem it has to cycle back. So will take a.few months. Don't worry enjoy your senior year and let.finasteride do.its job

Sliceofbread

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Man balding really sucks dude... It’s such a ridiculous situation like if aliens were observing how much we stress about it they would laugh at us. Just makes it sting all the more

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe that hair that was lost because of stress will come back but rem it has to cycle back. So will take a.few months. Don't worry enjoy your senior year and let.finasteride do.its job
It’s supposed to be my junior year, transferring to university from community college.

Unfortunately I don’t think I’m going to go. My mental health has detoriated to the point that I won’t be able to focus on my school work :(

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Man balding really sucks dude... It’s such a ridiculous situation like if aliens were observing how much we stress about it they would laugh at us. Just makes it sting all the more
You’re right man. I’m too young for this sh*t.

On the flip side, I’ve been a master detector of thinning hair, although no ones hair at my college orientation was as bad as mine. That really killed me

Cowboys fan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It’s supposed to be my junior year, transferring to university from community college.

Unfortunately I don’t think I’m going to go. My mental health has detoriated to the point that I won’t be able to focus on my school work :([

Cowboys fan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Mental health is important. Take some time off from school. Then return try your best you will need a.good paying job. The new hairloss treatments of the near future. Hair cloning ex. Will be expensive at first. If u choose to go that route

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Mental health is important. Take some time off from school. Then return try your best you will need a.good paying job. The new hairloss treatments of the near future. Hair cloning ex. Will be expensive at first. If u choose to go that route
Well the way things look, I’m going to cueball before the end of college. I honestly don’t think I’d be able to get a good paying job in my field (finance) like that. I’ve kinda lost hope man.

Cowboys fan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well the way things look, I’m going to cueball before the end of college. I honestly don’t think I’d be able to get a good paying job in my field (finance) like that. I’ve kinda lost hope man.[/QUOTE. Just do what u can to make your life better for.now. Eat healthy and stay fit. . And.never lose hope. And for now just know that u are not alone in this. . I was.observing while I was at.the beach the other day my eye focused on a few over weight chads and this middle.age male with thinning hair. Great build not over built. . And.tight Abs. . Guess which guy all the women were checking out