Extracting S-equol From Equelle Tablets Instructions

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hello All,

Just wanted to share my method of extracting the S-Equol from Equelle tablets.

Normally you would just crush the tablet and disolve the contents, unfortunately the majority of the Equelle contents tablets are non disolvable in Ethanol and from 600mg tablet only 2.5mg is S-Equol, the rest is just binder.

I normally do 4 tablets at a time so Ethanol quantities mentioned here are based on 4 tablets, which I do weekly.

Instructions:

Wash your tablets, this will remove the talc, magnesium sterate and titanium oxide outer coating form the tablet. It washes off easily and you can see when you are done as the actual contents are a beigish color.

Dry off you wash tablets with a paper towel.

Crush the tablets into a powder and pour the contents into a clear container that you can easily shake.

Add 20ml of Ethanol to the crushed tablets and shake for a couple of minutes.

Let the mixed solution settle, after about 5 minutes you will see that the binder will settle to the bottom with a cloudy solution above it.

Extract the solution with a long pipette, make sure that you do not extract the binder whilst trying to extract the solution. You will see that the liquid in the pipette is a slight pinkish colour, this is the S-Equol.

You then add 20ml back to the container of the remaining binder and repeat the process. The liquid you extract will be less pink the second time round and even less so the third time round.

In total you will have 60ml of liquid containing around 8mg (accounting for 20% not being extracting) of S-Equol.

tzt

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1-How long did you start using your lotion ?

2-did you notice any benefit from using it ?

3-where did you buy the Equelle tablets ?

thx,

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would be somewhat concerned about equol and upregulation. I think DHT blockers are less likely to cause this since they leave testosterone intact and able to bind with androgen receptors, whereas equol blocks all androgens from binding with androgen receptors. That said, I'm not sure to what degree it blocks androgen receptors.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I would be somewhat concerned about equol and upregulation. I think DHT blockers are less likely to cause this since they leave testosterone intact and able to bind with androgen receptors, whereas equol blocks all androgens from binding with androgen receptors. That said, I'm not sure to what degree it blocks androgen receptors.

S-Equol does none of what you describe, it just binds to DHT and does not affect 5aR, T, or androgen receptors.

mr_robot

Experienced Member
Reaction score

feelsbad

Reaction score
I've been using a similar method to (hopefully) extract the equol from Nature's Sunshine capsules. I mix them with alcohol, let the fillers settle, then extract the liquid off the top. So far I've noticed my beard growth has slowed quite noticeably, so it is going systemic to an extent. Too early to say about hair.

I will that the solution I make is totally clear, no cloudiness. Mr. Robot, I'm a bit skeptical that 8mg of equol could create much of a cloudy effect in 60ml of liquid. Are you sure you're waiting long enough for all the fillers to settle?

Dolph

Established Member
Reaction score
^ Nature's Sunshine uses an unknown amount of R-Equol. They refuse to say if there is even S-Equol in their product. I wouldn't waste the effort.