experiment with minoxidil - Can it work?!!

eentity

Reaction score
Hey guys.......i've been on propecia for 2 1/2 months now. That and nizoral. The thing is i've always had a high hairline, so anymore recesion will kill me.

my question is do you think i could just apply minoxidil around the edge of my hairline, where there isn't hair, and it'll work? In other words, i don't want to apply it to the hair at the hairline, but to the edge - just up to the hairline but not actually touching it. That way the minoxidil can work on growing hair and bringing my hairline down a little, without shedding the hair at the actual hairline - causing it to go further back.

anyone doing this?

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
minoxidil isnt going to do all too much in areas where there is no hair. It may make some vellus hairs terminal, but you will have far more success using it to thicken the thin terminal hairs in the receeding areas.

So really to see real results you'll want to use it on your hairline, and you will shed. Theres no avoiding it. The bright side, however, is that as long as you're in the majority of good responders, you will eventually have more hair then you do now.