Experienced Wearers I Need Your Thoughts..

matt0135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I'm looking for some opinions .

I am considering getting into modeling on the side as a way to bolster my brand as it compliments my line of work.

In fact this agency already is willing to take me on I just have to go in and sign papers .

I realized it says they do hair and makeup (not keen on the makeup part ) so I'm guessing I will have to disclose this at least to the hair dresser?

My other worry is they may change their mind if they find out I'm wearing a system .

I mean I could probably get away with it but it would be a terrible amount of work to make things like hairline 100% bulletproof if you get what I mean. Hell I'm sure she'll know they must work with this kind of thing all the time .

Thoughts? Any advice is appreciated :)

Noah

Reaction score
I did a small modelling gig a few years ago when I was already wearing, and it wasn't a problem. I have talked to a couple of guys who do modelling full time and wear a system. I think it's not that uncommon.

I didn't disclose it when I was made the offer, but I did tell the make-up girl at the shoot. I was a bit nervous about doing so, but she was cool about it. However she did take off my hairline and re-do it with spirit gum, because she said the camera would pick up on the presence of the ordinary adhesives. That happened in a small room with another make-up girl and another guy being made up, so was sitting there for 5 minutes with the front of my piece clipped back while the glue dried - no privacy really, so that is something you need to be aware of. She told me to come in the next day with the front unattached under a cap, so she could do the spirit gum without any need for clean up.

I enjoyed the experience. You should go for it.

Noah

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a friend who does theatrical makeup and hair. There are many many actors (and even actresses) that wear hair systems. They disclose the person doing their hair/wigs, period. It's not a thing to worry about.