Exotic Regimen - Keto + Azelaic Acid + spironolactone in shower

The_Mentalist

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a regimen that anyone can try to see if this is of any benefits. Please note, I am not making any promises here but giving you an option to start anew or add something to your otherwise stale regimen that you might be on. I think many of us would be looking forward to hearing from you how that, if at all, works for you, or not. It is worth trying

The following combination localizes the dht- dihydrotestosterone blockers so you don't mess with your whole body - just your scalp (theoretically).

-Order the (2%) Nizoral shampoo, 100mg tabs of spironolactone, and Azelaic Acid cream
-empty 50ml of the shampoo (one bottle) into a bowl, and microwave for 20 secs
-crush 1gram of the spironolactone tabs (1 package of the 100mg tabs) into a FINE powder, and mix into the warm shampoo.
-Microwave again for 20 secs
-add in 1 tube of the azelaic acid cream and stir
-microwave for 15 secs
-add in 50 more ml of shampoo
-wait a moment, then microwave again for another 15 seconds
-Stir

Use this in the shower EOD. Wash with regular shampoo first, then put the mixture on for about 5 minutes and rinse. Do not get in your eyes, as the spironolactone is a STRONG Anti-Androgen.

Nizoral/Keto => 2% (50 or 100ml) is a prescription but I recently discovered that Amazon has them without prescription, I think. They are not too expensive if you shop around. Buy 2 bottles if it comes in 50ml only.

spironolactone => comes in 100mg tabs, dirt cheap but with prescription, shop around online. So you need only 10 tabs of 100mg each. You can just crush them with the kitchen knife handle-nothing biggie. The powder will have binders/mix, but its ok, not a big deal. There is a process I know how to extract the spironolactone molecule from the whole tab but it is laborious and not worth it. Know that, spironolactone will more than likely go systemic and may have side effects depending on conc./amount of mixture you use, how long you leave it on etc. Side effects such as urine frequency, irregular heartbeat etc. are possible but severity is dependent on individual cases. spironolactone is widely used orally, so topical application in such a manner should not be that much concern

Azelaic Acid => commonly available in cream form to use on face for acne etc.; I believe it is prescription only and comes in 10% or 20% conc. usually. For this experiment, you may use 20% conc. but be warned, it is quite strong and if your skin is sensitive, then go for lower conc.-I guess. One generic tube is approx. 15gm (~0.5oz) on Alldaychemist; 3 tubes for $16.50. They last for a while. (If you want to brighten up your complexion, then I think this will do a miracle)

Tips:-

-Dont order too much of the items-They expire in two years or so after their manufacture

-Do not use excessive heat/microwave-molecules will degrade

-Use normal microwave heating option. If in doubt, lower the timing so as not to risk damaging the molecules

-If possible, I would try to prepare half of the amounts mentioned above just in case

-Be wise, if you, let's say decide to make half of the above solution, then you are starting with 25ml of shampoo, and consequently, would be using half of the above described amount of spironolactone and the cream AND half of the microwave timing.

-You need apply small amount and it will lather enough. If needed, use water little by little, splashing water on hair/scalp so that any solution glued to hair can rinse down to touch your scalp and absorb to make use of the solution efficiently

-Massage your hair with fingers so that the solution touch the scalp

-I would store the prepared solution in a jar type container with wide mouth to easily scoop the gooey solution with fingers

-Before each use, make sure to stir the gooey solution well with your fingers or something so that any settled AA or spironolactone is again suspended in the solution

-Do not use too much of AA ointment as it will make it too thick, and difficult to mix the solution

-If keto gave you "straw" type dry hair, then this solution is a good relief as it will leave your hair moisturized due to the AA ointment

If you do decide to try this regimen, please come back and post your results here in this post for everyone to read. Ideal person we would like to hear from would be a) anyone not using anything else but this, or b) anyone who has a stale/stabilized regimen and can actually deduce the benefits, if any, of this regimen on its own.

To be objective, please try to organize your results/observation in this format.

A) When you first started

B) Any regimen you are/were on when started this trial. Any details

C) When you first noticed hair benefit and at what degree, what part of scalp etc. Benefits=stop shedding, or regrowth of vellus hair or dark hair etc

G) What makes you think it is this regimen result rather than other regimen you may have recently started-Your intuitive thoughts

H) Any side effects: Hair quality, heart rate, urine frequency, scalp acne/bumps

Lastly,

Keep this post uncluttered so that we don't have to sift through pages and pages to get the right information. If you have counter argument, please let's hear it but in a separate thread with appropriate heading. So, you are only posting if you have something substantial to add to the topic in question or you have experience with this regimen to share with us. I am looking forward to hearing from you

Quantum Cat

Reaction score
sounds delicious, but aren't you the one who said that spironolactone - a substance transsexuals use - would definitely go systemic if applied topically? You seemed pretty sure of it

Johnx

Established Member
Reaction score
Mentalist, is microwaving necessary? (I'm a bit afraid of messing the ingredients up, my microwave has several power settings - 50%, 70%, 100%, and then time with that power, so who knows what setting to use without killing the ingredients...). Maybe just dipping the bowl with ingredients into hot water to make it warm? Lastly - would it even mix without heating, i.e. room temperature?

Also - I have Nizoral 2%, but I don't have Azelaic Acid, and my 5% spironolactone is in cream form - would it be any good without AA?

One thing I'm a bit concerned - spironolactone cream is supposed to be left on scalp for a longer time - would 5 minutes be enough to soak into the scalp? Another idea - what about microneedling the scalp before shower, then apply the mixture and let it sit for 5mins? Shouldn't this increase the effectiveness?

travbedaman

Reaction score
Makes more sence to just use Nizoral as a normal shampoo and use topical spironolactone once or better yet twice per day. Topical spironolactone is pretty weak, it sure as heck aint gonna do anything lathered on your head for a few minutes. Azelaic acid may or may not do anything but if you really want to use it, buy AA flakes and dump 5-7 mls into a fresh bottle of minoxidil

The_Mentalist

Established Member
Reaction score
QC, thanks for your question. lf you read my post again, I think the answer is satisfactory enough.

Hi Ben, I think I am seeing good results with it
------------

HLF, little heating is commonly used and even recommended for chemical mixings and reactions. But, as mentioned in the post above, various settings and microwave types make it difficult to decide which one is optimum. Therefore, you must use the lowest setting you can use. Do a trial run on something similar like an ointment and run a setting for few seconds, you should see it will warm up quickly sometimes even with low settings. Microwave heat gets exponentially high in a matter of milliseconds. Thus, you want to make sure that you not heat it to the point that you cant touch it. In other words, just make it lukewarm.

I would carefully use microwave rather than putting a glass bowl into hot water. Hot water method does not do much to the suspended container in it. You can try mixing them without heat. They will appear to dissolve but heating is more efficient.

From above potion I spelled out, you would notice that it would give you 1% spironolactone solution (theoretically). Your head would be wet and thus more prone to absorption. And spironolactone is dissolved into the solution in dissolved small individual molecules. So, I like to think spironolactone will absorp easily into scalp. I have felt some going systemic, so I can tell spironolactone gets absorbed.

You have cream form 5% spironolactone. So, let's say your final solution you want to make 100ml (as mentioned above), then you need about 1000 mg of spironolactone. The cream, is 5%, that is 50 mg in 1 g (anyone correct me if I am wrong with this). Then you will need to empty 20g of the cream into the above potion. This will give you 1% spironolactone. But, I am skeptical of spironolactone in cream form to be not so easily soluble in the solution and thus, may have difficulty in absorption. SO, I would just add extra g of cream into it to possibly jump the spironolactone concentration much higher and definitely heat the solution as mentioned above, to remove spironolactone molecules that may have adhered to cream ointment ingredients, and to let spironolactone molecules mix in well. This will possibly improve absorption. Just tinker around the dosage and make little at a time, so you can judge if anything is happening.

Micro Needling is a good idea but do it after few uses to see how you do it with just soaked scalp. Soaked scalp increases absorption already; so micro-N may be unnecessary and might increase systemic absorption.

I gave above as guidelines and it is not a rocket fuel; so tinker around the measurements. And I would highly recommend making it in smaller portions so that you experience how each ingredient is dissolving; so you are better equipped with next batch to see what you may tinker around a little. Even little portion of 100 ml should last several uses.

dreddevil

Reaction score
spironolactone s5 cream might be working. I saw a post from some body building forum, wherein a guy,25 years of age restored his hairline after a year on spironolactone, minoxidil and niacin tablets. I dont know if I am alllowed to post external links on this forum. Anyways, mentalist can you tell me the name of spironolactone tablets as in the pharmaceutical name. I want to try this mixture. I will have to buy generic tablets. In my country spironolactone tablets have combination of spironolactone and other stuff like torasemide, frusemide,etc.. Can such generic be used.