Exosomes For Hair Growth. Miracle Or Not?

WeStayCooling

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Keep us posted man. I spent $5000 on PRP + ACell back in August 2016 and my hair loss started speeding up. It went from slightly diffuse hairline with otherwise healthy NW1 to a complete total diffuse NW6 in these 3 years. Most of the injection treatments currently are ineffective and expensive as all hell. I’ve been getting emailed by Dr. Cole’s office about Exosomes a lot lately but I’d want to see some results before I blindly spend my money that recklessly again.
you're suggesting the prp sped the rate of loss up?

Trauma

My Regimen
Reaction score

I have no way of truly knowing, but what I can tell you at least is that my chronic dermatitis started right around 4-6 months after the one time treatment I got back then. I never had issues with excessive itchiness, inflammation, and soreness on my scalp at all before getting it done. I was 28 at the time. My hairline has always up to that point been a solid NW0.5 to NW1 and my overall density showed no gaps except for the mid front which started around 2014.

After undergoing this treatment in 2016, the decline became rapid. Extreme itchiness, oiliness and sensitivity to the touch began a couple months following. I’ve tried all kinds of shampoos and solutions. I’m also relatively athletic and exercise 4-5 days a week and eat pretty healthy.

My dad’s side has hair loss, so I’m sure a lot of it is genetics, but the inflammation for me became so chronic and to this day I suffer, ever since the PRP & ACell. It must’ve triggered a reaction at least the ACell since PRP is my own plasma so it couldn’t have been that.

Wish I could go back and never get this done. This is why I’m pretty hesitant on injection treatments at the moment.

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Prp is a weird thing. Dr Cole is super reputable, and his research in prp is pretty great. That said, for some reason, in some people, they see an acceleration in hairloss. A lot of the problems arise with the centrifuge and how the prp is prepared. As I’ve been told, if it isn’t prepared correctly, you can actually super charge the solution and concentrate the DHT in the prp. Just what I’ve been told. With Cole, that is not an issue, but it can happen.

WeStayCooling

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Prp is a weird thing. Dr Cole is super reputable, and his research in prp is pretty great. That said, for some reason, in some people, they see an acceleration in hairloss. A lot of the problems arise with the centrifuge and how the prp is prepared. As I’ve been told, if it isn’t prepared correctly, you can actually super charge the solution and concentrate the DHT in the prp. Just what I’ve been told. With Cole, that is not an issue, but it can happen.
very interesting...

any thoughts to offer regarding regenera activa?

HairSuit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
very interesting...

any thoughts to offer regarding regenera activa?
Man, I don’t have any, other than I really really hope it is legit. That said, everything in me questions how it can be legit? By grinding up some scrap tissue and extracting the stem cells? I mean, in that case exosomes, fat stem cell, or even prp should be amazing as well. But to this point, they are not. I realize it’s different because it actual scalp tissue, but who knows. One thing I have seen over all these years fighting hairloss, it is an absolute conundrum. Some people respond to some things, and others don’t, and vice verse. That’s what makes it so difficult. I should, in theory, respond well to a number of treatments that I have done, given the slow and small progression of my hairloss, but I have not. Age? Possibly. But this is what makes the treatment so confusing for all of us. You almost have to try everything. Just because one person didn’t respond, doesn’t mean that you won’t.

WeStayCooling

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Man, I don’t have any, other than I really really hope it is legit. That said, everything in me questions how it can be legit? By grinding up some scrap tissue and extracting the stem cells? I mean, in that case exosomes, fat stem cell, or even prp should be amazing as well. But to this point, they are not. I realize it’s different because it actual scalp tissue, but who knows. One thing I have seen over all these years fighting hairloss, it is an absolute conundrum. Some people respond to some things, and others don’t, and vice verse. That’s what makes it so difficult. I should, in theory, respond well to a number of treatments that I have done, given the slow and small progression of my hairloss, but I have not. Age? Possibly. But this is what makes the treatment so confusing for all of us. You almost have to try everything. Just because one person didn’t respond, doesn’t mean that you won’t.
Yes the individuality of it all is a huge factor. I have been considering pursuing regenera however I have always been paranoid of stories of people reporting increased loss after these sorts of injections. I have very slow diffuse thinning. In theory an RCH-01 style treatment would be perfect for my kind of loss.

Trauma

My Regimen
Reaction score

Yeah I've heard of this too and I believe it potentially happened to me. The NW6 pattern was never more visible than now. 3 years ago no one would have guessed I'd ever lose my hair with how youthful it looked. Now my scalp is dying. I know Dr. Cole is excellent and I wish I had gone to him instead of the horrible Dr. Prasad in NYC.

Hair ball

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I've heard of this too and I believe it potentially happened to me. The NW6 pattern was never more visible than now. 3 years ago no one would have guessed I'd ever lose my hair with how youthful it looked. Now my scalp is dying. I know Dr. Cole is excellent and I wish I had gone to him instead of the horrible Dr. Prasad in NYC.
Hi Trauma
How was your experience with Dr Prasad? I was thinking to go to him for the prp acell, but it's expensive. He quoted me for 3500$ US (including a booster 18 months later). I guess you didn't have any result from the injections. What did he say about that?

Trauma

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Trauma
How was your experience with Dr Prasad? I was thinking to go to him for the prp acell, but it's expensive. He quoted me for 3500$ US (including a booster 18 months later). I guess you didn't have any result from the injections. What did he say about that?

To be honest from beginning to end my experience with him was downright terrible.

First off he quoted me for max price ($5000) and said I need to cover the whole scalp. He spent a maximum 10-15 mins discussing it with me in a room with my immediate family present. I then proceeded to give them my credit card so they can charge me the remaining $4800 after paying a goddamn non refundable $200 “consultation fee.”

After getting extremely painful and excessive anesthesia shots around my scalp by one rude nurse and getting blood drawn by another, he came in for a brief moment to say “ohhh, now that it’s wet I see the loss more” and left the room. I then didn’t see him again until the last few minutes at the butt-end of the treatment when he came in to inject the solution for a brief moment.

He told me as I left that he will stay in touch via Skype every 3 months to monitor progress (since I don’t live in NY) and that in the first 2-4 months I may experience some increased shedding.

His promise to stay in contact was fake. He never tried to contact me again. Months were passing and my scalp was shedding excessively and never stopped. The condition of my hair by Feb 2017 which is roughly 6 months post was worse than it’s ever been before. My itchiness and oiliness came hard and never left.

My scalp became painful to the touch and I started developing red bumps all around it. Finally I got frustrated enough to try to contact his office around June of 2017 roughly 10 months after the injection, but was not able to have a moment to speak with him until July (his office said he’s too busy..).

When I finally got to converse with him in July it was via Skype video call and I explained to him what I’m going through in a very respectful manner and he became super defensive touting his bullshit 99% success rate claim. I asked him why he hasn’t been keeping tabs every 3 months like he said he would and he just said that they’ve been trying to reach me but couldn’t, which was a lie. I never got any calls from his office.

He then proceeded to tell me to get on finasteride which really fueled my anger at that point. Buddy, if I wanted to be on finasteride I wouldn’t have gone to your stupid office for a $5K snake oil treatment that I got conned into by your hyped up YouTube channel videos.

I never heard from him again past that point. My hair and scalp just kept getting worse. I started getting periodical headaches that I’ve never had before and my scalp became an oily cesspit that to this day still hasn’t recovered. I’ve had nothing but negative things happen from this experience. He’s a conman, a shill and a fraud. I was offered to come in for that “booster shot” last year but refused. After what this thing did to me I wanna steer clear of this place.

If you could take anything away from this rant, I’d highly advise you to not go to this a**h** and speak with Dr. Cole or really anyone else out there. I don’t think there’s a worse person in this field than Prasad. His main work is not even about hair, it’s about eyes.

I’m fairly certain he also pays for fake positive reviews or creates fake accounts to do this. Check out his realself page, it’s filled with short 2-3 sentence no photo non detailed ‘reviews’.

Hair ball

My Regimen
Reaction score
To be honest from beginning to end my experience with him was downright terrible.

First off he quoted me for max price ($5000) and said I need to cover the whole scalp. He spent a maximum 10-15 mins discussing it with me in a room with my immediate family present. I then proceeded to give them my credit card so they can charge me the remaining $4800 after paying a goddamn non refundable $200 “consultation fee.”

After getting extremely painful and excessive anesthesia shots around my scalp by one rude nurse and getting blood drawn by another, he came in for a brief moment to say “ohhh, now that it’s wet I see the loss more” and left the room. I then didn’t see him again until the last few minutes at the butt-end of the treatment when he came in to inject the solution for a brief moment.

He told me as I left that he will stay in touch via Skype every 3 months to monitor progress (since I don’t live in NY) and that in the first 2-4 months I may experience some increased shedding.

His promise to stay in contact was fake. He never tried to contact me again. Months were passing and my scalp was shedding excessively and never stopped. The condition of my hair by Feb 2017 which is roughly 6 months post was worse than it’s ever been before. My itchiness and oiliness came hard and never left.

My scalp became painful to the touch and I started developing red bumps all around it. Finally I got frustrated enough to try to contact his office around June of 2017 roughly 10 months after the injection, but was not able to have a moment to speak with him until July (his office said he’s too busy..).

When I finally got to converse with him in July it was via Skype video call and I explained to him what I’m going through in a very respectful manner and he became super defensive touting his bullshit 99% success rate claim. I asked him why he hasn’t been keeping tabs every 3 months like he said he would and he just said that they’ve been trying to reach me but couldn’t, which was a lie. I never got any calls from his office.

He then proceeded to tell me to get on finasteride which really fueled my anger at that point. Buddy, if I wanted to be on finasteride I wouldn’t have gone to your stupid office for a $5K snake oil treatment that I got conned into by your hyped up YouTube channel videos.

I never heard from him again past that point. My hair and scalp just kept getting worse. I started getting periodical headaches that I’ve never had before and my scalp became an oily cesspit that to this day still hasn’t recovered. I’ve had nothing but negative things happen from this experience. He’s a conman, a shill and a fraud. I was offered to come in for that “booster shot” last year but refused. After what this thing did to me I wanna steer clear of this place.

If you could take anything away from this rant, I’d highly advise you to not go to this a**h** and speak with Dr. Cole or really anyone else out there. I don’t think there’s a worse person in this field than Prasad. His main work is not even about hair, it’s about eyes.

I’m fairly certain he also pays for fake positive reviews or creates fake accounts to do this. Check out his realself page, it’s filled with short 2-3 sentence no photo non detailed ‘reviews’.
Thanks for the infos! He also told me to go on finasteride and it was part of my treatment plan. The consultation fee was 200$ for maybe 15 min.

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
f***. Passed on PRP for the last year and out of desperation scheduled with Dr. Greco in Florida.

he seems to be a leader in the area of PRP but I’m worried about this kind of damage. Anyone that had this down without Acell or add-ins have a better experience? I can still back out and just get a consult. Just switched from topcial Finasteride to Propecia and it has been a nightmare.

FilthyFrancis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
f***. Passed on PRP for the last year and out of desperation scheduled with Dr. Greco in Florida.

he seems to be a leader in the area of PRP but I’m worried about this kind of damage. Anyone that had this down without Acell or add-ins have a better experience? I can still back out and just get a consult. Just switched from topcial Finasteride to Propecia and it has been a nightmare.

If you have money to spend, I think you can safely go for PRP/Regenera/Exosomes. Most of the time, people just don't get any positive result but long term damages are unlikely

dante12

My Regimen
Reaction score
I emailed them and they told me that it is too early for pre and post treatment photos, because they have been running for a few months. They will have them soon.
The prices are a bit high, but if it works, even if it has to be repeated every 2 years, I do it.

User707

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi there has anyone here tried the new generation of PRP which is IPRF?

My story been on finasteride and min for 20 years. Have pretty much held everything together. The last 2 months thing have started to change. Not drastically, but thought its best to knock it on the head so to speak now.