Exercising And Sweating In My Hair System And Washing

pferr

Reaction score
Hey guys!

So I have been wearing a hair system now for 5 months. It's honestly been life changing.

I want to start working out now or at least doing some exercise. Bottom line is it'll result in me sweating.

I currently wash (shampoo and condition) my hair system about every 2-3 weeks when I detach, and then wash (rinse and condition) about twice a week - thrice at a stretch. I'm conscious of how too much washing/rinsing can have an effect on stripping the colour.

After 5 months, the colour has gotten somewhat lighter as can be expected but still blends in well with my natural hair.

My question (finally) is: if I was to exercise on the daily, would it strip the colour of my hair system a ridiculous amount if I was just rinsing and conditioning? And obviously due to the sweating, would rinsing be enough to be hygienic everyday?

Does anyone have any tips on gyming/exercising with a hair system?

My hair system still looks great after 5 months and I don't want to age it faster than necessary.

Sorry for the long spiel but I wanted to give some background to my situation. Any help will be appreciated!

(^^,)

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi @pferr

>if I was to exercise on the daily, would it strip the colour of my hair system a ridiculous amount if I was just rinsing and conditioning?

Exercise daily with hair system on won't strip the hair color but if you blow dryer too often, too much hot water rinsing or shampooing, deep condition..etc. will make the hair color fade out faster.

> And obviously due to the sweating, would rinsing be enough to be hygienic everyday?

I go to the gym 5-6 times per week and do a ton of outdoor activities. My sweat is dripping down of my hairline once I start running on the treadmill. When I first joined the hair system world 1.5 years ago, I wore a lace system and kept it on for 10 to 14 days. I shampoo or water rinsing my system daily since I sweat a lot but still bothers me that I can't clean or rub my scalp with all the dried sweat trap underneath. Keeping the system on for 10-14 days works fine for me but I'm still worried that the sweat will clog the hair follicle of my scalp and trigger bacterial growth or cause other issues. Lucky that it works out fine for me. I've used that 10-14 days method for a couple months before switching to skin based system with Got2B glue (sometimes I use Walker 1522 daily wear tapes) instead of Walker Ultra hold (Ghostbond) and Ultra hold tapes. The best part about skin system and Got2B allowed me to remove my system daily, or every 2-3 days which is so much better. Now I can sleep without the system and be able to wash and massage my scalp almost daily. Going to the daily wearing route is much healthier and sanitary for me compared to keeping the system on for weeks.

My UTS is more than 6 months old and still looks brand new.
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...f-your-hair-system.125202/page-7#post-1860418

Last edited: