Exercise and frequent hair washing

Healthy Nick

Established Member
Reaction score
When I exercise a lot, and wash my hair a lot, I notice a major reduction in shedding. Many times, the shedding halts completely. I've been doing the treadmill for 1 hour at a high speed, 2 times a day. After each time, I sit in my bathroom with the shower running, and sweat a ton because of the steam. My hair naturally gets soaked. And then, I take a shower. I use Head and Shoulders mostly, and Nizoral here and there.

Anyway, I've gotten into heavy workout patterns before, and the same thing always happens, so there is definitly something going, and I am wondering what the hell it is.

pharoh

Established Member
Reaction score
Well lets say you haven't washed your hair for a day then you wash it - you will see all the hair fall out which has become loose (or whatever) since the previous time you washed it.

If however you are washing your hair reguarly you arne't going to ahve a build up of shed/loose hair on your head, hence why you don't see much when you shower twice a day.

I may be wrong but I'm sure thats right (seems pretty logical) plus I remember reading somewhere about that sort of thing when people were discussing hairloss in the shower.

Bob Booley

Established Member
Reaction score
Your working out and your washing your hair has nothing to do with male pattern baldness. Nothing.

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bob Booley said:
Your working out and your washing your hair has nothing to do with male pattern baldness. Nothing.

Washing hair has an impact, as scalp health is a factor. As for working out, increased blood flow probably does have some impact on follicle nutrition and scalp DHT levels.

Healthy Nick

Established Member
Reaction score
Bob Booley said:

No, it certainly does have something to do with it, and am trying to figure out what.

Healthy Nick

Established Member
Reaction score
ShedMaster said:
....been doing the treadmill for 1 hour at a high speed, 2 times a day.

what in the hell are you training for??

Well, I'm mainly trying to see what affect this has on my hairloss. Because I've done this before, and want to see if I have the same results, and sure enough I am. :lol:

But I am trying to get in good cardiovascular shape. I want endurance. I want to give my heart a good workout. Working out also makes me feel great. A natural high that lasts throughout the day.

tpeter

Established Member
Reaction score
Damn i feel good when i do the treadmill 3 times a week for 30 minutes. 2 times a day at an hour , holy crap? Have you lost alot of weight when you do this?

Healthy Nick

Established Member
Reaction score
tpeter said:
Damn i feel good when i do the treadmill 3 times a week for 30 minutes. 2 times a day at an hour , holy crap? Have you lost alot of weight when you do this?

I make sure I eat enough calories, so I pretty much maintain my weight. I burn around 500 calories each time I do it, atleast that's what the treadmill says. However, I also wear a full sweatsuit, so I know I am burning more calories than that.

Karch

Reaction score
I think it has something to do with it. Living a healthy lifestyle is very important for any health condition, whether it be hairloss or heart desease. I don't know the exact science behind it, but I bet there is some kind of science behind it. For the washing hair part, I think it's just part of keeping a clean scalp. I dunno how much more clean your scalp will be and if it'll help if you wash it more then 2 times a day.