Excess Scalp DHT is reason for balding

shoegazing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The only way i have found to stop the male pattern baldness itch is just to be very unhealthy. Eat lots of fatty food, no excercise, lose all interest in everything. But the reason for that is likely because my testosterone is lower. Low sex drive, anxiety, I get loads of brain fog during this time and my energy levels are low.

I also believe my immune system is a factor for the inflammation.
wait, what? so eating more veggies and healthier foods in general can worsen the itch instead of relieving it?

shoegazing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont got any itch whatsoever but got diffuse thinning all over the top. its bro science or people who got the itch got severe baldness.
weren't you the dude who said your temple region was being corroded by the infamous itch? it's been a while though, like, 2022 since I saw this

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
wait, what? so eating more veggies and healthier foods in general can worsen the itch instead of relieving it.

I don't eat alot of veg in general. but i do take vitamin supplements. And after taking them for a few days i usually get the itch.

I can't talk for everyone. But it does feel like the healthier i am the more common the itch is.

I went a period of just eating pizza daily with no exercise ect ect. And i had no itch for several months to the point i thought maybe i had fixed the problem. Although i experienced brain fog and no motivation. Then i started trying to be healthy and slowly everything stabilized back to the itch.

Soon im gonna have to make a decision. pro-long the hairloss a little longer while getting brain fog and no motivation, or get healthy, have a clearer head and watch my hair fry.

Last edited:

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't eat alot of veg in general. but i do take vitamin supplements. And after taking them for a few days i usually get the itch.

I can't talk for everyone. But it does feel like the healthier i am the more common the itch is.

I went a period of just eating pizza daily with no exercise ect ect. And i had no itch for several months to the point i thought maybe i had fixed the problem. Although i experienced brain fog and no motivation. Then i started trying to be healthy and slowly everything stabilized back to the itch.

Soon im gonna have to make a decision. pro-long the hairloss a little longer while getting brain fog and no motivation, or get healthy, have a clearer head and watch my hair fry.
Get on RU twice a day only. Im on RU twice daily with oral min.

shoegazing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Quite intriguing if you ask me, and I'm not even doubting your theory, since it's something that I just gave up in trying to find a solution. Sometimes I still get the itch but what causes is beyond me. My diet remains constant and unchanged for the past few months, so I have no idea why that happens. Might be stress or sleep related, that's my guess.

I'd like to point that my dermatitis has been under control, so I just rule out this possibility. I'm pretty sure if I keep thinking about the itch, even though it's not itching at this exact moment I'm writing this, I'll end up getting it. Our mind can be our worst enemy if we don't know how to control it

tego

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Quite intriguing if you ask me, and I'm not even doubting your theory, since it's something that I just gave up in trying to find a solution. Sometimes I still get the itch but what causes is beyond me. My diet remains constant and unchanged for the past few months, so I have no idea why that happens. Might be stress or sleep related, that's my guess.

I'd like to point that my dermatitis has been under control, so I just rule out this possibility. I'm pretty sure if I keep thinking about the itch, even though it's not itching at this exact moment I'm writing this, I'll end up getting it. Our mind can be our worst enemy if we don't know how to control it
I ve never had any itch,but i kept on balding in my 20s

shoegazing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I ve never had any itch,but i kept on balding in my 20s
it's more bearable, trust me. at least you don't have to worry about scratching the hell out of your scalp in public or in any other inconvenient situation

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I never used to have the itch before taking finasteride. Now im stuck with it

I have several theories of what i think it is. But then after 5 years i needed to figure out the triggers for this if i wanted to slow down hairloss. I had several blood tests over the years so i could figure out if there was something wrong, and everything came back fine. so its really as simple as me and my hormones. and maybe the immune system also since Inflammation is an immune response

Get on RU twice a day only. Im on RU twice daily with oral min.
Tried it. Had the male pattern baldness itch with it. also tried another thing too but i don't remember what its called.

I really tried. Sadly i think going stronger with the DHT blockers wrecked my scalp. :(

Last edited:

shoegazing

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I never used to have the itch before taking finasteride. Now im stuck with it

I have several theories of what i think it is. But then after 5 years i needed to figure out the triggers for this if i wanted to slow down hairloss. I had several blood tests over the years so i could figure out if there was something wrong, and everything came back fine. so its really as simple as me and my hormones. and maybe the immune system also since Inflammation is an immune response

Tried it. Had the male pattern baldness itch with it. also tried another thing too but i don't remember what its called.

I really tried. Sadly i think going stronger with the DHT blockers wrecked my scalp. :(
haven't read your other answers but is your itch causing more hair loss or it simply exists there annoying you all day?

michaelle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hm, interesting. I never heard about it actually, it was really interesting to learn about it. As for me, I often get some stuff from BidRx.comfor this purpose, and I am thinking that it is great and working well. Have you ever tried anything like that for you, guys?

Last edited:

Homie

Reaction score
I would say its hair follicle DHT that is the problem, not so much what's on the scalp, but whatevs. :)

Kojakjr

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you want to grow your hair back or not. Males if you look around are going bald for the most part.. Women if you look around have thick, glossy. flowing hair.
Why? Genetics? That’s a non starter cause everything is genetics. It is excess DHT, but I will go a step further. The ratios of hormones are out of sync to grow hair.
So if you really want to regrow your bald, thinning hair.. what do you do after trying 100 things that aren’t working.
I will spell it out: And you will still be a man, not have breasts after all my proposed protocol.
1) Get liquid Duasteride to start blocking DHT. You don’t have to take it every day because it has a LONG half life. Duasteride in & of itself will barely grow any hair, but you are adjusting the ratios so that you can.
2)I know there will be responses of NO! not that but calmed down let me say my peace.
Estradiol comes in a gel & patches worn for 3 days at a time. They can be cut in half & attached to your skull/scalp in particularly stubborn not growing areas to start sprouting hairs.. you don’t have to religiously, consecutively apply them, but if as I say there is an area/areas non responding put it there. The gel isn’t as effective, but it gets the ratios better to the place hair will regrow.
3) Spirolactone in 50 mg per day will reduce ratios even further if needed to spur regrowth. This is a powerful potassium centric drug. So be careful don’t dose too high 100 mg at most.. at 50 mg 10% chance of gyno, 100mg -30%
4)Your going to say I don’t want gyno..
You’re not going to get gyno if you remain fit, thin. I have Testosterone cream.. You can apply to nipple/breast area. It will knock down gyno.. Gyno is fat accumulation which can harden tissues, but it can be neutralized w) Test cream &/or Kybella type products if needed
5) I mentioned potassium above
Spirolactone & Minoxidyl have potassium channels/ lowering blood pressure in common. So buy a bag of potassium chloride & put a teaspoon or so in your shampoos/conditioners.
Now after all this I Guarantee you will regrow your hair back. Still look like a man. But as you can see to get all these products maybe difficult.. but it can be done..
Why do some men have thick hair.. Their hair is often thick shaft unaffected by DHT.. but eventually even will be affected.
So quit chasing miracle molecules. cloning. & finally start regrowing your hair back.

Get my hair back

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you want to grow your hair back or not. Males if you look around are going bald for the most part.. Women if you look around have thick, glossy. flowing hair.
Why? Genetics? That’s a non starter cause everything is genetics. It is excess DHT, but I will go a step further. The ratios of hormones are out of sync to grow hair.
So if you really want to regrow your bald, thinning hair.. what do you do after trying 100 things that aren’t working.
I will spell it out: And you will still be a man, not have breasts after all my proposed protocol.
1) Get liquid Duasteride to start blocking DHT. You don’t have to take it every day because it has a LONG half life. Duasteride in & of itself will barely grow any hair, but you are adjusting the ratios so that you can.
2)I know there will be responses of NO! not that but calmed down let me say my peace.
Estradiol comes in a gel & patches worn for 3 days at a time. They can be cut in half & attached to your skull/scalp in particularly stubborn not growing areas to start sprouting hairs.. you don’t have to religiously, consecutively apply them, but if as I say there is an area/areas non responding put it there. The gel isn’t as effective, but it gets the ratios better to the place hair will regrow.
3) Spirolactone in 50 mg per day will reduce ratios even further if needed to spur regrowth. This is a powerful potassium centric drug. So be careful don’t dose too high 100 mg at most.. at 50 mg 10% chance of gyno, 100mg -30%
You’re not going to get gyno if you remain fit, thin. I have Testosterone cream.. You can apply to nipple/breast area. It will knock down gyno.. Gyno is fat accumulation which can harden tissues, but it can be neutralized w) Test cream &/or Kybella type products if needed
Spirolactone & Minoxidyl have potassium channels/ lowering blood pressure in common. So buy a bag of potassium chloride & put a teaspoon or so in your shampoos/conditioners.
Now after all this I Guarantee you will regrow your hair back. Still look like a man. But as you can see to get all these products maybe difficult.. but it can be done..
Why do some men have thick hair.. Their hair is often thick shaft unaffected by DHT.. but eventually even will be affected.
So quit chasing miracle molecules. cloning. & finally start regrowing your hair back.
My naive boy) Many people, including me, have tried it all and in much higher dosages and it didn't help a shitload.
And by the way, gyno is not fat accumulation, but mammary gland overgrowth.
My sweet naive boy.)

BaldingThugshaker

My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean there's no point in bickering about this. If dutasteride 0.5mg doesn't work, chances are higher doses wont either.

At that point, just use RU or take spironolactone and hope for the best... End of story for balding, its over

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not even 2.5mg dutasteride thickened a single hair strand nor did it stop the progression and gave me sexual sides. Your advice is dumb and dangerous to a mans sexuall health. male pattern baldness is NOT caused by excess dht but your sensitivity to it.