Excess Scalp DHT is reason for balding

Kojakjr

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
All hairloss strategies for regrowth are futile w/o lowering DHT in scalp. So what is best way to do that? Duasteride.
.5 dose per day will lower scalp DHT by 50%. 2.5 80%. I’ve tried just about every protocol. IMO the 1st is Duasteride which I was reluctant to use, but when I started taking .5 and hair started thickening immediately. I take it orally w) a liquid one dropper is .5. However after gains.. & no further progress I upped it to 1.5mg which pushed scalp reduction DHT to about 70%. Blood reduction DHT may be in 90% level.. but scalp reduction is what you want. It stays in system for 4 weeks, instead of 1 day like Finasteride. My hair is growing back w) little side effects. At same time you can use Laniprost, minoxidil, rosemary oil, peppermint oil, tretinoin, Spirolactone, etc topically.. but they won’t do much w/o lowering scalp DHT first. So all the protocols including massage, laser caps, PRP, etc will only essentially compliment hair regrowth w) DHT scalp reduction first.
The idea of side effects is overstated.
Recapping.. .5 Duasteride reduces scalp DHT 50% 1.5 70 %. 2.5mg about 80%..
Of course individuals may vary.. but these are a good rule of thumb.
Your body will still have plenty of testosterone.

Kojakjr

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes! I would suggest .5 as a starting point.. than gradually upping it higher. I just got a haircut & see the improvements.
So that is the first step & for me only first step. After that you can compliment with any of the other typical regimens.

Kojakjr

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m currently doing 1.5 for last couple weeks & see big improvement.. I’m stuck with that until I see no further progress or scalp is completely covered in growing hair.

TheHawk

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
But WHY DHT is elevated in the scalp is the question. And the best evidence is an inflammation feedback from scalp tension at different point of the skull depending on your head shape.

Kojakjr

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If your scalp is full of DHT 24/7 doing treatments are not going to grow hair.
So my experience is we got to get a treatment w) a half-life over 24 hours.
When I took Duasteride internally instead of topically I saw immediate results.. like next day. However after initial improvement.. results were very slow.
Than I experimented with lanaprost hairs started slowly thickening.. I started RU58841.. & started seeing better results again, but RU58841 only has a one hour half life. Then I got Pyrilutamide .. now getting real results. half life of 48 hours.

Kojakjr

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil, Duasteride, etc are partial answers. If you are male your body produces testosterone at high levels 24/7.
You still have a beard no matter how much Finasteride/Duasteride you take. If you block att Testosterone you turn into female.. & we don’t want that. Trial & error

Kojakjr

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes … there is currently no single drug to grow back hair of a balding man.
Hope springs eternal however

ninarosshairtherapy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, excess scalp DHT can be a significant factor in balding, particularly for male pattern baldness and androgenetic alopecia in both men and women. DHT, or dihydrotestosterone, is a hormone derived from testosterone and plays a role in the development of male sex characteristics. However, its presence in high amounts on the scalp can miniaturize hair follicles, leading to shorter, finer hair and eventually, hair loss.

Kojakjr

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Having said that to reverse hair loss jnto hair growth is quite another issue. Because the weakened hairs are in a particularly weakened state. To reverse that state we have to consider all options.
I’ve tried most options. Lately been adding stem cell topical which seems to be helping

Bushman

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had scalp inflamation and lots of itch before i started auto-doing mesotherapy with dutasteride on myself, after those sensions i feel the inflamation going off and freshness in my scalp, i just do every 10 days or 2 weeks, with a needle, pretty simple, i tried to post my history but it never gets published

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have no scalp inflammation, but i was slowly receding. After taking dutasteride i got scalp inflammation and after stopping it, it did not go away.

How does it make sense that Duta would give scalp inflammation? i dunno. an immune response? Is testosterone alone actually doing the damage? is it both your immune system correcting your body's response? there is this idea that these treatments work better with immune suppressors

Last edited:

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah I had it with finasteride too. my mistake was that I listened to people that said I should try something stronger. So I thought ok il try something stronger and so went on Duta. And then the itch was worse and never went away ever since.

i feel like I’m being punished for believing I could stop it. I go in to stop it and it’s now given me another problem I cant get rid of and has effected my life and health.

Last edited:

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have been off hairloss meds and topicals for over 5 years years. I did try oral minoxidil briefly last year and again had very bad scalp inflammation after day 2 and then i stopped. Had to wait a week for the inflammation to go away.

History wise, i started out with scalp oils and saw palmetto to see what would happen. Not alot happened, so i shifted to minoxidil and did not see any difference beyond scalp irritation. And then jumped on finasteride and for the first time i experienced the scalp inflammation. Soni shifted to taking a tab every second day and the inflammation went away, but didnt seem to be doing anything either. I sorta regret not just keeping doing that full time but nope i then jumped on Duta and some DHT topical that has numbers in the name. And the scalp inflamation was bad as hell. And my scalp and body in general has been so sensitive ever since to hormonal changes.

Last edited:

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I think i was on finasteride about 5 months. maybe under 3 months for duta as by that time i had accepted that scalp inflammation is not a good sign. Inflammation is death to the hair follicles, its not shedding, its just cutting off circulation to those areas.

I was on and off different minoxidil treatments. one gave me scalp irritation all over, so i changed to another, that one gave me hear palpitations and panic attacks. So i switched to another for weaker topical for a little while before my scalp become over sensitive and wouldn't stop being inflamed for anything.

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Why not do oral min every other day.

I never really thought about trying every other day, i assumed it wouldn't do anything tbh.

But then im fairly broken right now. I can't take B Vitamins for too long without scalp inflammation. which never used to be a thing before. So what chance do i have with oral minoxidil? I can't scalp massage without setting it off and I can't use various shampoos without the male pattern baldness itch happening right after. I think i just made myself sensitive to hormonal changes by the slightest.

Last edited:

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The only way i have found to stop the male pattern baldness itch is just to be very unhealthy. Eat lots of fatty food, no excercise, lose all interest in everything. But the reason for that is likely because my testosterone is lower. Low sex drive, anxiety, I get loads of brain fog during this time and my energy levels are low.

I also believe my immune system is a factor for the inflammation.

deamond

My Regimen
Reaction score
You don't understand the issue. Finasteride stays in tissues for up to 1 month, dutasteride for more than 4 months. The half-life is not so important, it's how long the drug acts in the tissues that matters.
17038801976820.png