Exact Age That Prince William Started Going Bald

Balding Boulder

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was watching this fascinating video on YouTube showing Prince William's transformation from age one to 35. I was debating with myself the exact age he was starting to lose it. I thought 20, but someone in the comments said 24 — I think they were talking about the more obvious hair loss. Perhaps even when he was 15 he was showing some signs.

Early stage hair loss can be incredibly difficult to detect. Wispy hair though is one sign. After all, follicles are like time bombs — some start to miniaturise a lot sooner than others. I remember when I was 19 and noticing my hair had gone wispy. But it's not all the hair that goes like that simultaneously — it's mixed in with the thick hairs. A lot of hair loss experts say that you don't start to notice hair loss until you've lost 50% of your hair. Although I don't think that rule applies to the Hair Loss Talk community, especially looking at some of the people on here who post pictures of their hair despite having zero hair loss.

Have a watch:

Last edited:

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd say 20. He had perfect hair before.

Northface32

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
His father Charles had pretty good hair untill his later years. He had thick dark hair in his fifties

doyle11

Established Member
Reaction score
You can see it starting around 19 when you compare his hair to harry's.

I wonder how he's found going bald at such a young age in the spotlight.

You hardly see any AAA listers go bald as they cover it with lotions, potions and wigs

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah he had it really bad, i wonder if he even tried finasteride or maybe even dutasteride and it didn't slow down his hair loss, maybe he got severe sides and had to stop, guess we will never know.

Baldingdane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think he did anything
Yeah he had it really bad, i wonder if he even tried finasteride or maybe even dutasteride and it didn't slow down his hair loss, maybe he got severe sides and had to stop, guess we will never know.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score

I would be very surprised if he didn't try something like finasteride, maybe you are right though. Then again Harry is also losing his crown quick too, i think with megan as a wife she would have him take finasteride or dutasteride imo.

ScaredOfBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
At 20 u can see he has receded temples already and is covering it up in the next years. At 25 it goes downhill fast.

fenom

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would be very surprised if he didn't try something like finasteride, maybe you are right though. Then again Harry is also losing his crown quick too, i think with megan as a wife she would have him take finasteride or dutasteride imo.
Not all women care if their men will be bald or not. My girlfriend also doesn't care.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not all women care if their men will be bald or not. My girlfriend also doesn't care.

They probably think ‘as long as I’m not bald, it’s okay’. I would date a bald person too, as long as it’s not me

Baldingdane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Whether you believe it or not, some girls prefer bald men. Usually girls with a father who's bald. I know two girls with that preference actually.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Whether you believe it or not, some girls prefer bald men. Usually girls with a father who's bald. I know two girls with that preference actually.

Haha, the opinions of girls TRULY matter! Like, if a girl told me they loved bald men, I would start injecting testosterone and shave my head! :D:D:D

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Yeah I wouldn't trust your gf word on that. because even if she didn't like your bald look she wouldn't tell you that anyway. just like you wouldn't tell your girlfriend that she's fat if she asked you if she looks fat.

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was watching this fascinating video on YouTube showing Prince William's transformation from age one to 35. I was debating with myself the exact age he was starting to lose it. I thought 20, but someone in the comments said 24 — I think they were talking about the more obvious hair loss. Perhaps even when he was 15 he was showing some signs.

Early stage hair loss can be incredibly difficult to detect. Wispy hair though is one sign. After all, follicles are like time bombs — some start to miniaturise a lot sooner than others. I remember when I was 19 and noticing my hair had gone wispy. But it's not all the hair that goes like that simultaneously — it's mixed in with the thick hairs. A lot of hair loss experts say that you don't start to notice hair loss until you've lost 50% of your hair. Although I don't think that rule applies to the Hair Loss Talk community, especially looking at some of the people on here who post pictures of their hair despite having zero hair loss.

Have a watch:

what I want to know is what type of hair loss harry has, he's balding in the weirdest way, only his crown seems to be thinning, his hair line and hair frame is not moving at all, and everything seems thick besides his crown, he's like NW1 from the front but when you look from the back you can clearly see his balding. really weird.

I assume he's at least on finasteride but still his pattern is really weird.

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
what I want to know is what type of hair loss harry has, he's balding in the weirdest way, only his crown seems to be thinning, his hair line and hair frame is not moving at all, and everything seems thick besides his crown, he's like NW1 from the front but when you look from the back you can clearly see his balding. really weird.

I assume he's at least on finasteride but still his pattern is really weird.
He was receding at the hairline too.

Mitko1

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
was? I mean idk what he's doing but look at hair line in recent pics, looks pretty damn good to me.
His hairline is far back and nonexistent now.

Last edited: