Ex/Current minoxidil liquid users

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Could ex or current minoxidil liquid users describe what their hair looks/looked like while using? Is it greasy like Revivogen ?

tommyblah

Reaction score
it makes you look pretty greasy... i apply it up to the hairline and since i really have no choice but to put it on an hour or two before work, i have to worry about it half the day which sucks. ...though the greasiness isn't really that a big deal to me. i'd love it if that were all it did.

i use the liquid with the dropper, and no matter how good i do it, it ends up in my hair. i try to dry up most of what's in the hair before leaving the house, but still i'll look in a mirror later and there's either flaky white crap that looks like dandruff or some sections of hair are frosted silver. it's so hard to get it out and once you mess with it, the flaky white stuff keeps coming and coming and coming.

..and i found the foam to be no better, and i had a lot more trouble getting enough of it on my scalp. ...caused me to lose alot of the hair it took me so long to grow.

Pereira

Established Member
Reaction score
i aply at night after bath, the next day i brush/style it and look normal. (this when i used liquid, went to foam, and now back to liquid)

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have pretty long hair and apply alot to the hairline. It makes it look really dry and colorless when it is in... so ussually I put it in around 10:00 and then wash it out around 1:00 and style my hair for the day. I wish there was a way to apply it right to the scalp without hitting the hair.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
kiel i am curious to see your hair man

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i just posted a pic of my hair while at a bar last week. it is under taugs section for ties. my hair is looking good but I'm def shedding again. I have stopped spironolactone because it has been giving me rashes and getting worse and worse to the point where my whole face feel hot like it is burning sometimes. I do believe the spironolactone was helping my regrowth though.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
KielMcK said:
i just posted a pic of my hair while at a bar last week. it is under taugs section for ties. my hair is looking good but I'm def shedding again. I have stopped spironolactone because it has been giving me rashes and getting worse and worse to the point where my whole face feel hot like it is burning sometimes. I do believe the spironolactone was helping my regrowth though.

i saw that pic

I thought your hairline was intact before... I didn't know it receeded a little. minoxidil defnitely gave you regrowth though, the temple areas were filled in a lot.

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
which pic did u see? i just posted a pic of myself at my fathers bar dressed in a business suit and my hairline looks alot better then it had. I never receded alot until a few months ago when I started rogaine foam. My hairline was horrible for a few months but has recently regrown alot. I hope to God it just keeps getting better.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
KielMcK said:
which pic did u see? i just posted a pic of myself at my fathers bar dressed in a business suit and my hairline looks alot better then it had. I never receded alot until a few months ago when I started rogaine foam. My hairline was horrible for a few months but has recently regrown alot. I hope to God it just keeps getting better.

I saw the temple comparson shots.

bathtbgin

Reaction score
I guess i fall into both categories here. I Rogaine both foam and liquid for around six to 8 month earlier in the year, however i stopped both around may. I had stopped using for a few reasons, mostly because i thought it was increasing the frequency of the migraine headaches i get (it wasnt). I had been using a combo of Rogaine and Propecia and the results were fantastic. However this august (not using the Rogaine) i started loosing my hair again, so i quickly started back up on the foam and have been using it since. I'm getting regrowth throughout, and my hairline is even coming back. I dont have a problem with the way the foam makes my hair feel, but thats because i gel my hair. I do have a problem with the way the foam smells however.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I already know about the foam, my question was about the liquid. I'm getting pretty inconsistent answers. One person said it made their hair look dry and the other said it made their's look greasy. Hmmm....I'm hoping it makes mine look greasy b/c I'd rather it be a greasy look than dry. Is it possible to style your hair with minoxidil liquid...use it as a styling agent?

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Does anyone here use more than 1 ml to apply all over the top of their scalp(not just thinning areas)?

JWM

Reaction score
I think the liquid can be a good styling aid actually. Here's what you do.

Shampoo and thoroughly hydrate your scalp. Towel dry and apply 1 ml of the liquid. Style your hair and then wait about 30 minutes. come back and brush it out and it should be dry by then.

Good luck.

ripple-effect

Experienced Member
Reaction score
JWM said:
I think the liquid can be a good styling aid actually. Here's what you do.

Shampoo and thoroughly hydrate your scalp. Towel dry and apply 1 ml of the liquid. Style your hair and then wait about 30 minutes. come back and brush it out and it should be dry by then.

Good luck.

Thanks, that's the answer I was looking for. Which brand of rogaine liquid did you use, JMW? I bought a 6month supply of Kirland's Minoxidil (almost 90% of the reviews I read on this product were positive).