EVOLVING

Reaction score
I saw on TV in the dentists office some kind of science show about how us as a human race should be continually evolving, even now....physically.
The scientists lecturing were saying how in the future (for reasons that I wasnt paying attention to at that moment) that humans will no longer need the hair on their head, NOR fingernails, OR teeth!
I have no idea what he meant by it, but he started saying how more and more people are suffering from weaker nails, earlier and worsening balding, etc....and that in the future we will have no need or our body will shed those 3 characteristics...
Im not celebrating this theory by any means,..just thought it was interesting, at best. Anyone else catch this???

The Rock

Established Member
Reaction score
actually the finger nails are necessary becuase if not the tips of you fingers would get really roughed up.........so taht was genetically done to help, so i mean i dunno wha the basis this on, one thing could be taht there is more homrones int eh food we eat.....thats why this is happnening...

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i haver ead about this evolution thing too.it makes sense..some theories even state that in 200 million years human would have evolved tails, and a huge head just like aliens

thin=depressed

Experienced Member
Reaction score
traxdata said:
Dos it affeleft are pselling as wel
The inbreeding in this red neck town should speed up the process a bit.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
But you dont need your fingernials ...if you remove your fingernail and leave that sensitive part under the fingernail exposed .. eventually it will harden and form scar tissue or something .. and will be like the rest of your finger ...

thats what the doctor told me might happen when the fingernail on my pinky got ripped out by the root ... if it didnt grow back normaly .. but it did becuase they made me stick my old nail back into the open slit in my pinky (push the root down into the slit) to keep the slit open so new nail can grow in properly .... it was cool though because for 2 weeks after that i could go around removing my fingernail and putting it back in... people thought it was cool haha

sorry your post just reminded me of that :D

Buffboy

Established Member
Reaction score
GeorgeCantStandya said:
I saw on TV in the dentists office some kind of science show about how us as a human race should be continually evolving, even now....physically.
The scientists lecturing were saying how in the future (for reasons that I wasnt paying attention to at that moment) that humans will no longer need the hair on their head, NOR fingernails, OR teeth!
I have no idea what he meant by it, but he started saying how more and more people are suffering from weaker nails, earlier and worsening balding, etc....and that in the future we will have no need or our body will shed those 3 characteristics...
Im not celebrating this theory by any means,..just thought it was interesting, at best. Anyone else catch this???
I have thought about this too, but I don' buy this theory one bit. Here's why:

The thought is that because we don't live in caves anymore that we don't need "fur" aka. hair to keep us warm anymore.

1) If this is true, then why is it that its often men with very hairy chests etc. (since DHT ironically is responsible for the growth of body hair) that lose their head-hair? This doesn't corresponds well with the "we don't need fur to keep us warm"-theory.

2) Why is it only men who lose hair and not women (I know a very small number are)? They live in the same conditions as we do.

3) Why are men only losing SOME of the hair on the head and not the neck and side hairs?

4) Why are more kaukasians losing their hair then afros? You would think that us in the cold north need hair more than the afros in the sun.

My theory is that the hairloss-gene is simply stronger than the normal "hair-gene". Say that one parent have male pattern baldness in the family and one doesn't, my guess would be that their son has a 75% chance to get male pattern baldness. This is why more and more get male pattern baldness.
It's not nature's intention that we should suffer from hairloss, as hair is also used as sexual weapon (just like animals show off their hair ex. lions etc.). It's not nature's intention that we should suffer from cancer etc., but these mutations/gene mistakes just happen.

And the nail and teeth stuff is just even more ridiculous. Pretty difficult to eat a hamburger without teeth. We use them every day, why would they be taken away from us?

The Gardener

Reaction score
One thing that has been proven over time is that humans are getting taller with each successive generation.

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Who cares. If we last another 100 years we will be creating humans the way we want with genetic engineering, TO HELL WITH EVOLUTION, noone wants to drive 60 in the 60 zone.

Petchsky

Reaction score
People today have brittle nails because of poor diet. Just thought i would add that.

Reaction score
chewbaca said:
i haver ead about this evolution thing too.it makes sense..some theories even state that in 200 million years human would have evolved tails, and a huge head just like aliens

We already have tails! Well... to be more honest, in the earliest stages of development we grow tails but they dont last. I forgot where they go, or if they just die off before we are born. But some (extremely rare) people have been born with tails. Not prominent huge dog like tails...but stubbier versions. This is fact. They are usually removed after birth.

The Rock

Established Member
Reaction score
actuallyover the past few generations there hasn't been a signnifcant rize in height overall, nature has an obvious way of balacning htings out

chewbaca

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Buffboy said:
GeorgeCantStandya said:
I have thought about this too, but I don' buy this theory one bit. Here's why:

The thought is that because we don't live in caves anymore that we don't need "fur" aka. hair to keep us warm anymore.

1) If this is true, then why is it that its often men with very hairy chests etc. (since DHT ironically is responsible for the growth of body hair) that lose their head-hair? This doesn't corresponds well with the "we don't need fur to keep us warm"-theory.

2) Why is it only men who lose hair and not women (I know a very small number are)? They live in the same conditions as we do.

3) Why are men only losing SOME of the hair on the head and not the neck and side hairs?

4) Why are more kaukasians losing their hair then afros? You would think that us in the cold north need hair more than the afros in the sun.

My theory is that the hairloss-gene is simply stronger than the normal "hair-gene". Say that one parent have male pattern baldness in the family and one doesn't, my guess would be that their son has a 75% chance to get male pattern baldness. This is why more and more get male pattern baldness.
It's not nature's intention that we should suffer from hairloss, as hair is also used as sexual weapon (just like animals show off their hair ex. lions etc.). It's not nature's intention that we should suffer from cancer etc., but these mutations/gene mistakes just happen.

And the nail and teeth stuff is just even more ridiculous. Pretty difficult to eat a hamburger without teeth. We use them every day, why would they be taken away from us?

1)well if u study evolution in animals, fur, claws and teeth are all dependent on environmental factors which is why dinoausrs and mega fauna were so huge in size in the prehistoric era..But humans growing body hair?...especially with the onset of global warming.it just doesn make
sense..is it because of increased pollutant which might affect skin that the body recognises the need to grow hair to absorb the pollutant effect?

2)doesnt make sense too...in the animal kingdom usually its the males who have exotic displays of fur, feathers ect to woo the drab looking females..physical attributes of evolution has always favoured males

3)probably the body's way of compromising the mistake done in the genetic coding?

4)doesnt make sense too....usually thwe head where the brain is need more hair to protect it from the cold.....still bugs me why other parts of the body need hair