Every possible cause of hair loss - need your input!

dehoha

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am trying to gather all information about hair loss and tackle it from all angles. If you have heard of other possible causes of hair loss, please let me know, so I can add it to the list. Thanks.

Possible Causes.jpg

Not sure why the picture is so tiny.

Hormone
DHT production
DHT senstivity
Androgen sesntivity
Too low T level
Estrogen dominance
Nutrition Related
Biotin
B vitamins
Iodine
Vitamin D
MSM
Iron (ferritin)
Vitamin A
Too much GMO food
Unhealthy diet
Skull Shape
Angled forehead
High forehead
Dome shaped head
Forehead relative position to top of the head

Medical Condition
Leaky gut
Thyroid
Eczema, SD, PR
Underactive pituitary gland
General Anesthesia
Antibiotics
Candida overgrowth
Autoimmune disease
Food sensitivity
Anemia
insulin resistance
Stress
Adrenal fatigue (CFS)
Weak immune system
Excess Internal Heat
Oily skin/scalp
Large pores (more sweat)
Breakouts (includes scalp)
Scalp inflammation
Scalp Blood Flow
Restricted blood flow
Organ Damage
Liver
Kidney
Intestine
Bowel
Stomach

Vim

Established Member
Reaction score
By purely genetic you mean amount of 5a reductase, testosterone in blood and dht sensitivity? This post can be useful for some people, except the skull shape part. Never heard of that, ever.

Fena2000

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm a middleaged woman, noticed my hair started thinning badly a few months ago, but was probably going on for years. I've had my hormones checked, but everything was normal. My doctor told me, some people are just sensitive to androgens, no matter how high or low their levels are. What I don't understand is why didn't I notice any problems before, I'm genetically prone to it. I've always had nice clear skin , thick hair. I went from dry skin and dry hair to very oily skin and hair overnight, still don't understand how that's possible. I know I was under a lot of stress, can that trigger it? Also notice a lot of young girls on BCP have hair loss problems. Maybe a change in hormones can trigger it?

Fena2000

Established Member
Reaction score
It's not limited to the top of my head, it's thinning all over, even in my nape area. When the hair loss started, my scalp felt painful (burning sensations). I don't know what's going on. The derm looked at it for 1 minute and told me to try minoxidil and some vitamins, she told me to come back in 6 months, then she would make an effort to see what's going on. I've been putting minoxidil on my scalp for 5 months now, no results. Guess I just have to wait and see what happens.
Thank you FH btw.

Fena2000

Established Member
Reaction score
Can SD cause that much hair loss, and is it reversible?