Every other day dosing

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well it looks like this my routine now. I cant handle daily dosing due to non sexual side effects . So what do you guys think? Eod work good? Anyone doing this and care to share their story and results from Eod finasteride, Would be much appreciated -Anthony

- - - Updated - - -

Wow im feeling so much better already dosing like this. Only been at it one week, so ill report later down the line if it worked well for my hair

- - - Updated - - -

Really? No one does every other day? Come on guys i could use a lil insight on this

Reaction score
What side effects did you have? I have been dosing EOD and have had no side effects except a disrupted sleep pattern.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sonic Blue, finasteride is a slow drug, so dosing every 2nd day is not much different from taking half the dose every day.

see here:
http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interac...0-finasteride-1mg-a-day?p=1303689#post1303689
2nd post

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What side effects did you have? I have been dosing EOD and have had no side effects except a disrupted sleep pattern.
pelvic pain and lower back pain. I have developed Hypertonic pelvic floor muscles. At least thats what my dr and i think now. I go to the urologist march 22nd to confirm. I was taking 1mg of proscar for about 6 weeks and my hair did awesome! Then came the pain. At first they thought it was a uti and i was treated for that, of course i did not improve. Its been going on 1.5 months or longer. I switched to Propecia and fooled around with lower daily doses but the pain always got bad after 4-5 days. Im now doing .5 eod and the pain is getting better, alot better. My hair seems to have gone to sh*t though. I suspected it was looking not as good but thought it was in my head, but today confirmed it. Its not looking very good. Im hoping its just temporary and from me changing my dose constantly and taking two 3-4 day breaks to get rid of the pain. Im pretty sad now today. This last month has been very hard on me mentally and physically

- - - Updated - - -

Ive been on finasteride about 2.5 to 3 months do you think its a normal finasteride shed or from me trying to find the right dose? I never was off it more than 3 full days. I want to go back to 1mg but eod, but i dont want to have to reduce my dose again. Idk if i should stay at .5 eod for a couple weeks to be consistent or try and move up as soon as i think my body can handle it

- - - Updated - - -

Also my hair responded great and quickly to 1mg daily. My hair loss is in early stages, About a month in i was the happiest dude around! For about 2 weeks then the " honeymoon" ended

- - - Updated - - -

My temples are itching again... And thats where the miniaturization is idk what to do here

br1

Reaction score
why don't you add some minoxidil to the temples? it's helping me.. (took a good 7 weeks to start doing something good, though)

Sonicblu650

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
why don't you add some minoxidil to the temples? it's helping me.. (took a good 7 weeks to start doing something good, though)
i was thinking of doing that, can i use it only at my temples, without it affecting my other hair? I cant handle a major shed rid now. I gotta get my finasteride dose stable before i thow anything to crazy at my hair ya know?