Ever Since Starting Propecia 5 Months Ago, Rapidly Thinning And Losing Hair

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Is my male pattern baldness to aggresive for finasteride?
Did it upregulated my receptors?
Or is it shedding and will i be allright?

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thinning and losing hair is somewhat expected on finasteride. The new hair should grow in darker than more healthy. I was in a nonstop shed on finasteride so after a year I switched to dutasteride and hair hasn't looked as good in 10 years and shedding maybe 20 hairs a day compared to 60+ a day on finasteride.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is my male pattern baldness to aggresive for finasteride?
Did it upregulated my receptors?
Or is it shedding and will i be allright?

it really depends on how much hair you're losing. If you are losing a very large amount and thinning quickly, then you need to consider Telogen Effluvium. research telogen effluvium and talk to your derm about it. For some, including myself and several others I've read about on here, the hormonal shift caused by finasteride induces Telogen Effluvium. it's highly considerable bro.

Sanchez1234

Experienced Member
Reaction score
it really depends on how much hair you're losing. If you are losing a very large amount and thinning quickly, then you need to consider Telogen Effluvium. research telogen effluvium and talk to your derm about it. For some, including myself and several others I've read about on here, the hormonal shift caused by finasteride induces Telogen Effluvium. it's highly considerable bro.

Thank you for the reply. I think i need to consider Telogen Effluvium because i am losing 300+ hairs and thinning all over. I wasn;t diffuse thinning before. I can pluck out 3-5 hair on every spot and can see my scalp. It getting worse by the day and no signs of regrowth or slowing down. So i am devastated. Need to say that i was losing 150+ hairs before treatment but i had good terminal hairs. Now they are all thin and les pigmented.

Can a derm research Telogen Effluvium @buckthorn ??

Sliceofbread

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. I think i need to consider Telogen Effluvium because i am losing 300+ hairs and thinning all over. I wasn;t diffuse thinning before. I can pluck out 3-5 hair on every spot and can see my scalp. It getting worse by the day and no signs of regrowth or slowing down. So i am devastated. Need to say that i was losing 150+ hairs before treatment but i had good terminal hairs. Now they are all thin and les pigmented.

Can a derm research Telogen Effluvium @buckthorn ??

What ended up happening?