Ever Since I Changed Finasteride Brand Things Are Falling Apart

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I can' t really find any logical explanation to what is happening right now. One month ago I ran out of pills and I purchased a new package of finasteride but of another brand. Since then my left temple especially has receded a bit and my density has decreased. Is this actually possible? I hope my body eventually gets used to it and regrows what I lost during this month. Anyone can relate maybe?

joeblack2017

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From my experience, finasteride only helped me to lower my dht levels and maintain the hair that I have. It's minoxidil that gives some sort of growth. I also switched brands one time and used another brand for a month but nothing different really happened. I think it's just your temples' time is coming up.

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
From my experience, finasteride only helped me to lower my dht levels and maintain the hair that I have. It's minoxidil that gives some sort of growth. I also switched brands one time and used another brand for a month but nothing different really happened. I think it's just your temples' time is coming up.
Brutal. I have no choics but to start minoxidil. It's hilarious and sad at the same time that eventually you are always forced to go for the big 3 even if in the beginning you said to yourself that Nizoral would be enough to halt your hair loss.

joeblack2017

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Brutal. I have no choics but to start minoxidil. It's hilarious and sad at the same time that eventually you are always forced to go for the big 3 even if in the beginning you said to yourself that Nizoral would be enough to halt your hair loss.

Truth. The big 3 really won't stop hairloss and make it comeback, especially if it's hereditary. But it will slow down the balding process. It's timely to use minoxidil now, now that we're in quarantine lol. You can avoid external factors like dirt, sweat, stress from commuting etc. and you can focus on your hair more than ever.