Evening primrose oil is good sh*t, second recovery and back on it for good.

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would think that omega 3 and gla is a good starting point for those who want to start on finasteride

olowshinenine

Reaction score
If you can keep your DHT levels in check, and you can stand to not be extremely lean for the sake of nice skin and hair, it can do wonders for both. My first hairloss recovery did involve evening primrose oil, but it also involved using concentrated beta sitosterol and other sterols to mitigate DHT. It was hard to figure out what exactly was doing what, but I've been back on the "epo" for a little over a month and my skin and hair have been improving and seem to have a synergistic effect with the estriol, which I might add. The evening primrose oil seems to cause more sides than the estriol does, which is hilarious.

I've gained a bit of weight because of the epo, but that's ok, it's really improved my skin, I'm starting to look young for my age again, my face has filled out and I don't look as dry and angular as when my testosterone levels were flying uncontrolled.

Consider integrating it into your regimen if you have a solid means of controlling DHT.
Hey quick question about this EPO. You get sexual side affects from oral use? What about topical? Also is there a way to negate the sexual sides from oral use?

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey quick question about this EPO. You get sexual side affects from oral use? What about topical? Also is there a way to negate the sexual sides from oral use?
yesi had sexual sides,, but its not severe as propecia....

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
All I can tell you is that there are two main supplements I took when I went from having extremely diffuse thinning back in 2007 to very thick hair that I had back in my teenaged years, and that was a concentrated beta sitosterol complex, and evening primrose oil.

By process of elimination I can determine for myself after returning to beta sitosterol, that even talking half a gel capsule made me feel hypo-hormonal to the point where my skin looked dry and aged, and my hair did not improve. Beta sitosterol definitely knocks down your DHT, I know because I've felt it.

However recently I recalled I was using EPO specifically back when my hair really really started growing back, and not to mention the fact that my skin also looked great back then as well, and lo and behold, not only is my hair maintaining, but I am experiencing slow and steady recovery and my skin has gone from looking dry and aged to like I was 30 again, in which I looked quite good and was commonly mistaken for being in my early 20s.

I have taken borage oil and other GLA complexes and I think there is something specific to evening primrose oil that does something beneficial to the hair and skin, I'm so exhausted from the stress of experiencing a second sudden hair loss event that I have wrestled with for a good year and a half, that I'm just happy that it is in fact making me look young and healthy again, and helping my hair maintain and even grow.

Incidentally ever since I got on the estriol and evening primrose oil, I can tolerate taking a LOT more beta sitosterol further improving my hair regrowth (go figure).
may i know what is the dosages u took for GLA and Beta sitosterol?

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay sorry , whats epa / dha
The fatty acids inside flax and fish oils.

Unuabe to buy supplements that show the exact concentration of EPA and DHA.

For example avoid those supplements which only say example 1 gram fish oil per capsule . We don't know if 50% of it is some other substance like vitamin per pill . Instead look for how much epa or DHA it contains per capsule.

olowshinenine

Reaction score
What do you think about this one?

Also what do you think about adding epo topically? Maybe mixing it with zix?

Get my hair back

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
EPO fatty acids, when used topically the entire head will be greasy, anyone who has used Revivogen will understand. Then you need to look at the low molecular weight, it may not pass through the skin barrier.

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What do you think about this one?

Also what do you think about adding epo topically? Maybe mixing it with zix?
its good.... but u also need to take GLA with it... try looking for GLA supplements as well. preferably GLA from evening primrose oil

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is there anything that could be added to make it absorb?
there si no need for u to apply fish oil on yr scalp... Its not propecia or minoxidil and there hasnt been enough studies to gauge efficiency of topical application of omega fatty acids

olowshinenine

Reaction score
there si no need for u to apply fish oil on yr scalp... Its not propecia or minoxidil and there hasnt been enough studies to gauge efficiency of topical application of omega fatty acids
Sorry I didn't mean to confuse I don't want to apply the fish oil I want to apply the EPO to my scalp if there is a go vehicle to mix it with, or if that makes sense to do.

MikeJay

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry I didn't mean to confuse I don't want to apply the fish oil I want to apply the EPO to my scalp if there is a go vehicle to mix it with, or if that makes sense to do.
I am not sure if that but there is a study regarding applying gla as topical application.maybe u can replicate what they had used for the study. Just Google