Even a successful middle-aged MP is depressed by hair loss

lithebod

Established Member
Reaction score
they mentioned snake oils but not even one sentence on propecia or minoxidil - its like they dont exist. perhaps it would be seen as advertising - it is the bbc after all.

Felk

Reaction score
This is a good article, the whole thing not just the quotes at the end.

I particularly liked the bit about peopel in consumer societies thinking they had the right to be able to change their appearance and any physical problems simply with their credit card.

When you think about it, it's how a lot of people think. An unhealthy attitude that i for one will be very happy when it's gone.

One secret to lasting contentment is to want everything you have, not attempt to have everything you want.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I entertain myself thinking that this exactly what would have happened if Gunner woulda been in his position.

"I´ve rent a guy tonight.

He put sh*t on my face whilst furiously dabbing minoxidil.

I laughed frenetically.

(...)

This is what hairloss has done to me."

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Now seriously, I think this guy is using his aspect to implore for people´s pity.

This tactic is vile enough for a polician, I consider.

"Don´t judge me, Can´t you see I´m bald??. Oh, Lord please, join me everybody while I cry".

What the f***, if you like to eat sh*t from a rent boy, say it loud. I´ll put my vote to anyone who would be brave enough to confess a thing like that running for the presidential elections.

Why the f*** do everybody cry, but only after they get caught??

If eating a young guy arse is what makes you happy, let it be, man. I see no problem with that.

Why do politicians have to please everyone in their private lifes??

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
It's a pretty bad excuse. Good article though.

lithebod said:
they mentioned snake oils but not even one sentence on propecia or minoxidil - its like they dont exist. perhaps it would be seen as advertising - it is the bbc after all.

I guess Propecia and Rogaine aren't mentioned as they aren't really cures. Some people have reported some success but for the majority these products don't seem to work. Even if they do work it seems that at best they will hold off baldness for a while and not cure it. If there were proper cures out there everyone would be on them and doctors would routinely prescribe them. Doctors in the UK seem reluctant to prescribe Propecia so they can't have much faith in it.

powersam

Reaction score
biff - so what your saying is the snake oils actually are cures as they were mentioned? because if thats why propecia wasnt mentioned according to you then that would be the logical progression.

why do people who havent had the best results feel the need to try and convince everyone that these treatments are bound to fail? biff i'm sorry you didnt get good results, but the fact of the matter is propecia and rogaine are everyones best chance for success, and they work for most people.

doctors don't like to prescribe them as there is a chance for side effects and it is a purely cosmetic problem. that and lack of education on them of course.

lithebod

Established Member
Reaction score
all anecdotal stuff aside about how well propecia works (or not) I think its pretty lazy journalism to ignore the fact that there is a treatment out there where clinical trials showed that 83% of men did actually maintain their hair and 60% regrew - it just seems that for the average guy losing his hair who doesnt know what to do they give this impression that its either try a snake oil or just go bald.