Evasive's story (pics)

evasive

Reaction score
Age 19
I didn't realize I had such bad hairloss in the crown region. Because you can't see it in the mirror. My brother came into my room one day and stood behind me, and told me that I'm balding.
I never noticed any shedding or anything, while I'm in the shower..so this came unexpected.
I don't know what to do..
I started wearing a hat.

image026iq1.jpg

image027vy9.jpg

image028mc1.jpg

image029yc9.jpg

image030yg1.jpg

image031tu6.jpg

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
yeah i had no idea mine had got so bad either :/ my friend pointed it out to me. waahhh.

so what are you going to do about it?

does your family have a history of baldness?

judging by your pics, i'd recommend jumping on the "big 3"; finasteride, minoxidil and nizoral.

dont worry, there's hope :) you're still young so you could be a great responder.

evasive

Reaction score
My dad has REALLY thin hair, it had no thickness whatsoever. You can see his scalp through his hair, especially on his crown region (like me).

Anyway I have just ordered Finasteride and Minoxidil off the net..and I'll be going to London Drugs first thing tomorrow to get some Nizoral shampoo.

Defenton

Established Member
Reaction score
you clearly have diffuse thinning at the crown, what is your hairline like? coz if it is just thinning at the crown i recommend just using finasteride and nizoral, at least for 6months to see if you can get away with it. Rogaine foam has worked v well for me and i needed to use it coz it was the only chance i had to recover my hairline. BUT it is something I have to use twice a day and could potentially be embarrasing if you go on holiday with friends and have to explain why your carrying a can of hair foam with you. finasteride works best on the crown and plenty of people have had great results using it alone or with nizoral, just something to consider...

evasive

Reaction score
Ok I have canceled my order of the Rogaine. My hairline is fine, it's just my crown region and in front of that, that there appears to be thinning.

Thanks for the help.
I'll try the finasteride and nizoral and see how it goes.

flimflam

Experienced Member
Reaction score
heh, you're pretty spontaneous :)

well, I'm not so sure finasteride will regrow that for you. It hasn't for me on my crown/vertex (in 7 months, anyway) and mine isn't quite as bad as yours. but if you're happy to play the waiting game then yeah it's worth trying because applying rogaine foam is something we can do without yeh :)

BornBaldDieBald

Established Member
Reaction score
The pictures you have provided are not sufficient enough to make a judgement. From them, it does not appear that you are balding. Pictures of your hairline and hair when wet would allow a better judgement to be made.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
BornBaldDieBald said:
The pictures you have provided are not sufficient enough to make a judgement. From them, it does not appear that you are balding. Pictures of your hairline and hair when wet would allow a better judgement to be made.

in the last couple pics, you can definitely see some crown thinning.

BornBaldDieBald

Established Member
Reaction score
evasive said:
Heres a picture of me when I had shorter hair about 6 months ago

n116205348305333809202xx5.jpg

THis does not look like balding to me. I could be wrong, however since the picture isn't the best quality to determine.

Defenton

Established Member
Reaction score
it is tough to call on that one, but it's six months old and alot could change in that time. Those other photos did show a fair amount of scalp however, so go to the doctors and get a second opinion.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
after looking at the pic you just posted, I would you most likely have male pattern baldness.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
evasive said:
anyone know a good hair concealer to use? until the finasteride starts working?

Topik is pretty good, it is easy to use and it gets the job done.

GL on your treatment bro