Eu Hair Suppliers Needed, With Current Events In China, Point Me Out

ElmoAulen

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

With current events in China with virus and stuff, do you experience any difficulties getting your orderered systems?

I've been buying from Lordhair, however now I have doubts regarding the shipping times. Anyone could comment on that?

Also are there any reliable EU system suppliers who have EU stock? Please PM some links.

Noah

Reaction score
My employer does a lot of its business in China, so we are tracking what is happening there very closely. The number of virus cases in China is dropping rapidly and consistently now, and the focus of the Chinese government has shifted from containment of the virus to restarting the economy. By the end of February it is estimated that China economy will be back to about 60% of normal capacity. The place where hair systems are mostly made is Shandong, in North East China, well away from the epicentre of the virus, so I would expect supplies of hair to be resuming something like normality by the end of March.

That doesn't quite answer your question, but if you can hang on for a month of two while the backlog clears, this will sort itself out. I would guess the inventory of stock systems in Europe and the US will cope till then. No need to panic.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Most companies won't keep many units in stock, simply due to the fact that there is too much variety, and it's easier to order on an as-needed basis.

The big back-log right now is NOT China, it's the fact that they have off-shored almost ALL of their knotting, and systems that are completed cannot enter China. Export from China is not an issue. So stock units can be ordered and shipped no problems.

And Noah is right, things will probably be OK in a month or so.

Hang in there!

hair4meTomorrow

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've seen that the toplace factory has shut again due to this.

Hopefully things resume normally soon.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
If you need anything except a small system in natural black you may find it difficult to get as a stock system for the reasons Bald Bearded outlined. Non Chinese (retail) suppliers (in the West) will usually carry a small inventory in their office for immediate delivery.

However, they will be able to draw on the stock of their Chinese suppliers - this takes a week or two to obtain plus international shipping costs. That said, while more choice, even those options are somewhat limited.

A lot of knotting is done in places like North Korea and while most Chinese suppliers are back at work, the supply chain may not be working smoothly just yet. Sooner or later, it will all be back to normal.