Ethanol alcohol for Zix in UK - where to buy?

smeagle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I apply Zix morning and night, minoxidil at night only and I leave 30 minutes between Zix and Minoxidil applications usually (just because I'm paranoid about the zinc in Zix interfering with Minoxidil, although I searched and cannot find much substance to these claims, better safe than sorry).
My hair loss is also diffuse so I think it should help you as well, is your scalp itchy? Mine was and after using Zix the itch went away after 3-4 days of use.

Procyanidin B2 is a flavanoid that comes from apples, I've sourced some of this stuff -
and made my own topical.

I would recommend trying Finasteride for hair loss to see if you don't get side effects, I did so I had to stop.
The side effects went away after I stopped (although I don't think my libido ever 100% recovered, it's maybe at 70-80% of what it was before.)
Lol mate, you just told me that your libido hasn't fully recovered, then suggested I try Finasteride - hell no. I have read too much now about finasteride that I am staying clear.

Interesting about Procyanidin B2 - what made you want to try that?

Yeah, I am on Zix, itch still occurs though, which formula are you using?

Zeruko

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol mate, you just told me that your libido hasn't fully recovered, then suggested I try Finasteride - hell no. I have read too much now about finasteride that I am staying clear.

Interesting about Procyanidin B2 - what made you want to try that?

Yeah, I am on Zix, itch still occurs though, which formula are you using?
Yeah fair enough on the Finasteride front, I just think that for some people it helps resolve their hair loss issue so it is worth trying for those that it's suited for.

The data on the Procyanidin B2 stuff is solid enough, many different studies reported that it helps with hair regrowth (in vivo, vitro and on mice). Plus the stuff I got has an excellent delivery method so it helps deliver the flavanoids straight to the follicle.
Personally I don't think it can work as well as it needs to on it's own in most cases but is good as part of a combination therapy for hair loss.

Formula:
Add 3 1/2 oz of distilled water to 1/2 oz of ethyl alcohol to your large 8 ounce container. Then add the contents of 2 220mg of zinc sulphate capsules and 3 50mg vitamin b-6 p5p capsules to the container. I also add about 20 drops of Polysorbate 80. Close the container and shake well.

smeagle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Fair, and how do you deliver the zix?
Do you store it in the fridge?
Also, does zix go off, I deffo can smell it go off after a few weeks.
Twice a day?

Do you lose hair when applying it too?

Zeruko

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fair, and how do you deliver the zix?
Do you store it in the fridge?
Also, does zix go off, I deffo can smell it go off after a few weeks.
Twice a day?

Do you lose hair when applying it too?
I used to store it in the fridge but I don't think you need to, I would just to be safe.

Twice a day yeah, morning and evening.

I don't lose hair when applying it, any loose hair comes out when I do my daily 10 minute massage in the shower using a handheld massager machine.

smeagle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I used to store it in the fridge but I don't think you need to, I would just to be safe.

Twice a day yeah, morning and evening.

I don't lose hair when applying it, any loose hair comes out when I do my daily 10 minute massage in the shower using a handheld massager machine.
Okay makes sense, and finally, do you shampoo everyday? Like my friend told me NOT to shampoo everyday, but I do... because Zix makes it dry,.. thoughts?

Zeruko

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay makes sense, and finally, do you shampoo everyday? Like my friend told me NOT to shampoo everyday, but I do... because Zix makes it dry,.. thoughts?
I shampoo every day, the amount of sebum in my hair/scalp seems to be directly connected to the amount of itch I have (more sebum=more itch).
My hair is very oily naturally so I was shampooing every day even before I started losing my hair.

Strange that Zix makes your hair dry, for me it's the opposite, it gives my hair a great texture and shine.

This is the shampoo I use: https://www.boots.ie/neutrogena-t-gel-oily-scalp-250ml-10261142
It has piroctone olimane which is great for your scalps health.

smeagle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks man, appreciate it. Just curious, does Zix cause shedding for you, or microneedling, I am shedding like crazy right now its making me super nervous,

Zeruko

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks man, appreciate it. Just curious, does Zix cause shedding for you, or microneedling, I am shedding like crazy right now its making me super nervous,
No it shouldn't. I did go through 2 big sheds when using Minoxidil but my hair came back strong afterwards so I think that's just part of the process