Ethanol alcohol for Zix in UK - where to buy?

smeagle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am trying Zix and see that you have to use 70% Ethanol Alcohol, and I was wondering where on earth can I get this in the UK, any advice or links?

BelfastBilly

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am trying Zix and see that you have to use 70% Ethanol Alcohol, and I was wondering where on earth can I get this in the UK, any advice or links?
Chemists often sell it, or failing that you can use 80%oroif Russian vodka like I did for a while (not cheap but seems to be OK)

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
U can buy hand sanitizer liquid which is ethyl alcohol 85% thats enough.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not possible for UK, I checked trust me. You guys using Ethyl in your Zix solution? As of now I am just using Zinc and Distilled water.
I read guys using ethyl alcohol with zix, its fine. And safe for skin as it is the base alcohol in hand sanitizers.

Zeruko

My Regimen
Reaction score
Amazing, thanks so much! How is Zix working for you?
Worked very well for about a year and a half, no itch and maintained a full head of hair.
But the itch has returned now as my hair loss has gotten more severe so I'm searching for another solution. Still using Zix though as it definitely helps!

smeagle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What solution you looking at using, what you thinking to solve this, you going to use finasteride? I cant stand it.
What did Zix do for you?

Zeruko

My Regimen
Reaction score
What solution you looking at using, what you thinking to solve this, you going to use finasteride? I cant stand it.
What did Zix do for you?
I'm going to go back to using the Procyanidin B2 topical I was using before.
It was working but was awkward to use in conjunction with Zix as you had to wait until Zix dried before applying the PB2 topical.

I tried finasteride for about 7 months on its own back when I first started losing hair, didn't do anything for me except give me libido issues and ball ache lol.

Zix completely solved my hair loss issue for about a year and a half, plus it makes your hair look great (a nice healthy shine), got complements and everything.

Homebrewhero

My Regimen
Reaction score
You would just have to adjust the ratio of water and alcohol.
I use this because its readily available in the UK, cheap enough and can be used for other vehicles such as 70:30 ethanol/PG.
Just make sure its the food grade ethanol, some similar products are isopropyl alcohol.

Last edited:

smeagle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm going to go back to using the Procyanidin B2 topical I was using before.
It was working but was awkward to use in conjunction with Zix as you had to wait until Zix dried before applying the PB2 topical.

I tried finasteride for about 7 months on its own back when I first started losing hair, didn't do anything for me except give me libido issues and ball ache lol.

Zix completely solved my hair loss issue for about a year and a half, plus it makes your hair look great (a nice healthy shine), got complements and everything.
Good to hear it works, when do you apply it, morning, at night, both? I apply it right before bed? Also, my hair is thinning, diffusing, I find it makes it clump it (which i am sure is good for thick hair), but shows my bald spots more.

Also, what is Procyanidin B2 topical, never heard of it, what does it do?

So you dont recommend finasteride?

Zeruko

My Regimen
Reaction score
Good to hear it works, when do you apply it, morning, at night, both? I apply it right before bed? Also, my hair is thinning, diffusing, I find it makes it clump it (which i am sure is good for thick hair), but shows my bald spots more.

Also, what is Procyanidin B2 topical, never heard of it, what does it do?

So you dont recommend finasteride?
Yeah I apply Zix morning and night, minoxidil at night only and I leave 30 minutes between Zix and Minoxidil applications usually (just because I'm paranoid about the zinc in Zix interfering with Minoxidil, although I searched and cannot find much substance to these claims, better safe than sorry).
My hair loss is also diffuse so I think it should help you as well, is your scalp itchy? Mine was and after using Zix the itch went away after 3-4 days of use.

Procyanidin B2 is a flavanoid that comes from apples, I've sourced some of this stuff -
and made my own topical.

I would recommend trying Finasteride for hair loss to see if you don't get side effects, I did so I had to stop.
The side effects went away after I stopped (although I don't think my libido ever 100% recovered, it's maybe at 70-80% of what it was before.)