Estrogen Antagonism And Cancer Growth

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was watching this video from More Plates More Dates about CB vs RU

And at the end of the video he's talking about selective androgen receptor modulators and he says at 11:43, as one of the pros of SARMs, that they have "a lack of antagonistic activity with estrogen for prostate and all these things that can cause cancer growth acceleration and all these things that are negative that are associated with antiandrogens"

When he talks about cancer growth acceleration, is that in relation only to prostate cancer, or do antiandrogens for some reason have the ability to accelerate all types of cancer?

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Finasteride has shown to lower prostate cancer risk by 25%. Best to just ask him as he may respond.

Bullshit, finasteride increases the risk of a more aggressive prostate cancer and it lowers the risk for the most common one. They actually tried to patent it as a prostate cancer treatment also but the FDA declined it because of the lack of evidence that it actually helps with cancer and the overwhelming evidence that it actually makes the risk higher of you getting a more aggressive type of cancer. I just read recently of a dude on this forum whom his father was recently diagnosed with aggressive prostate cancer after 13 years of finasteride, so yeah...

The Dark Side of 5α-Reductase Inhibitors' Therapy: Sexual Dysfunction, High Gleason Grade Prostate Cancer and Depression

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4064044/

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's not true. That's an old study that had conflicting data which gave rise to some uncertainty regarding high grade tumors. More recent studies have shown that there is no increased risk.

https://www.cancertherapyadvisor.com/home/cancer-topics/prostate-cancer/5α-reductase-inhibitors-do-not-increase-risk-of-high-grade-prostate-cancer/

Being from 2014 does not make it that old and it's not a study, points out that you did not even read it, it's an analysis of all studies done until then... But i have to admit also that the study you provided is newer and it had a lot of people in it, haven't read it all because i don't have time but when i will have, i will read it more in dept... It was a controversial subject from the start and even the analysis said that more studies should be done for more clarifications so yeah...

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I read the couple of old studies a long time. I don't need to read a summary of studies that I already read which have since been debunked.

They have been debunked my ***, there is such controversy around all studies that i don't think you can actually find 2 of them that say that same thing, and i'm not saying that just because of the differences on how they are conducted, it's because it's rare to actually find scientists or studies that agree one with eachother, that's why meta analysis are so useful for people to make an informed and knowledgeable decision or opinion about something...

You can drag out of context and read and believe what you like, that does not make it actually true, you and the studies you provide or read don't hold the absolute truth and nobody can know for sure how your experience will be, regardless of what the studies that you read say. You need to have a big picture image of the whole situation and make your decisions and opinions based on that, not just on what your sick and insecure desperate mind wants to.

You think your some kind of smarass know it all because you have read a couple of studies online without even thinking that most people who are on this forum did that also, some even more than you and with all of that they still got fucked by drugs and by different things that were not said or tested in the studies... I trust science and i know for sure that there are a lot of scientists who are truthful, passionate about what they are doing and you can actually read something interesting from their part, but i also know that the industry is big and mainly controlled by money like mostly everything in this world, so i chose not to trust blindly everything that suits my mindset or ideology just because you do it...

We don't have to agree on anything, that does not make you wrong or right and it does not make me either, it's your life and you can do or trust whatever but that does not mean that we all have to go on the same path just because you trust the studies you have found online or whatever you trust there. Every human is different in some ways and as much similarities there are between us, the same way our experiences differ, from many perspectives.

Baldismyfuture

My Regimen
Reaction score
My statement on finasteride is based on the results of the Prostate Cancer Prevention Trial (PCPT). A short two page summary can be found here: https://www.webmd.com/prostate-canc...steride-can_safely-cut-prostate-cancer-risk#1

There is another study that shows dutasteride reduces the risk of high grade prostate cancer as long as excessive alcohol is NOT consumed (if excessive alcohol is consumed the risk is increased vs placebo):
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4127165/

My posts should not be construed as medical advice.