Estradiol for hair growth without feminization

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you asking if the typical backflow increase of T from finasteride, which is typically 15%, could increase body hair? I don't think so. Part of the equation is that estrogen increases by about the same amount too.

Well that would explain increased body hair too
It would, but it is also accompanied by other symptoms like an increase in sebum/oil, acne, increased libido, increased shedding and itch according to the people who've had it.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
And you had those as well? Did they normalize after you stopped?
I still am battling with it. I'm going to upgrade to keto 2% to see if that helps with the inflammation and itch. I think estrogel might help to downregulate things, which I am considering trying in the not-so-distant-future.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
I still am battling with it. I'm going to upgrade to keto 2% to see if that helps with the inflammation and itch. I think estrogel might help to downregulate things, which I am considering trying in the not-so-distant-future.
I was thinking about doing the same. How long have you been off of finasteride? What dosing are you going to use for estro?

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was thinking about doing the same. How long have you been off of finasteride? What dosing are you going to use for estro?
about 9 months now. OM helped me reduce my shedding by quite a bit actually.

I'm thinking probably just once a day if I go with estrogel, I'm guessing 1.5mg of estradiol would be enough for an effect. Idk if I want to push it with twice a day. Estrogel supposedly absorbs pretty well. The half life is pretty long too

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
about 9 months now. OM helped me reduce my shedding by quite a bit actually.

I'm thinking probably just once a day if I go with estrogel, I'm guessing 1.5mg of estradiol would be enough for an effect. Idk if I want to push it with twice a day. Estrogel supposedly absorbs pretty well. The half life is pretty long too
OM is out of the question for me, bad hearts run in the family.

oralminoxidil

My Regimen
Reaction score
In Turkish forums they make lotions with 1 can of diane 35 in 100 ml of solvent. If I apply 3ml a day, what dose will it be?

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your point about dutasteride being pretty necessary makes a lot of sense even in a cis context, because I can imagine some guy trying to use topical minoxidil/estrogen and having it backfire. If you're not on a 5ARI or another powerful MtF AA, and if you are just doing exogenous topical estrogen, I could see it exacerbating an increase in DHT while decreasing endogenous aromatization.
Imagine that's the reason why my DHT levels went up (serum-blood) while I was on Estriol…. and later or on I started to feel my hair weak again..(after about 2-3 months on it). I don't think it's the reason though, but who knows… I starting as well to believe, the possibility, now that I have stopped, if my body became depended on it and I would need to re-introduce it.. But what did I miss?? I am using oral finasteride+topical as well. Why the exogenous topical estrogen would increase DHT? I don't think as well that Estriol is too powerful, but for me even at 3mg/4 times per week(topical), increased my serum levels x10 times, still in range though.

Last edited:
Reactions: mj9

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Imagine that's the reason why my DHT levels went up (serum-blood) while I was on Estriol…. and later or on I started to feel my hair weak again..(after about 2-3 months on it). I don't think it's the reason though, but who knows… I starting as well to believe, the possibility, now that I have stopped, if my body became depended on it and I would need to re-introduce it.. But what did I miss?? I am using oral finasteride+topical as well. Why the exogenous topical estrogen would increase DHT? I don't think as well that Estriol is too powerful, but for me even at 3mg/4 times per week(topical), increased my serum levels x10 times, still in range though.
I can't find any data on exogenous estrogen leading to increased dht in men. Can someone please list a source showing this?

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't find any data on exogenous estrogen leading to increased dht in men. Can someone please list a source showing this?
Just think about it.

You stop aromatization of your endogenous E... all the excessive T gets converted to DHT through 5AR, cause aromatization is shut down, because you supplement exogenous E.

So there is no need for the body to convert T to E... it decides to convert the T to DHT.

That's why it is very important using a 5ARi like Finasteride or Dutasteride while supplementing or taking Estradiol!

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just think about it.

You stop aromatization of your endogenous E... all the excessive T gets converted to DHT through 5AR, cause aromatization is shut down, because you supplement exogenous E.

So there is no need for the body to convert T to E... it decides to convert the T to DHT.

That's why it is very important using a 5ARi like Finasteride or Dutasteride while supplementing or taking Estradiol!
Makes sense and especially for E2. I don't know for E3 though because is not as potent as Estradiol nor so important like E2 as well, but maybe it's the same with E3. While I was using E3 my E2 levels were still pretty low like before, they didn't change. I hope I didn't mess the things up with topical E3, even though at the beginning (started November) I got some shed stabilisation. Things started going bad from early-mid January and then I decided to stop it.

Pls_NW-1

My Regimen
Reaction score
Makes sense and especially for E2. I don't know for E3 though because is not as potent as Estradiol nor so important like E2 as well, but maybe it's the same with E3. While I was using E3 my E2 levels were still pretty low like before, they didn't change. I hope I didn't mess the things up with topical E3, even though at the beginning (started November) I got some shed stabilisation. Things started going bad from early-mid January and then I stopped it.
I wouldn't blame E3. E3 is very weak, weaker than a pregnant's horse piss'. Lol! 1/10 of that of Estradiol (E2).

GRme11

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wouldn't blame E3. E3 is very weak, weaker than a pregnant's horse piss'. Lol! 1/10 of that of Estradiol (E2).
For sure, that's why I can't blame the E3 but can't really make any "clear" conclusion/assumption.

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just think about it.

Good thing I'm on finasteride. I think also time to get on spironolactone. I'm on E3 only for now, but will make the jump to E2 soon.

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So basically don't take e2 without a 5AR inhibitor!

KNemo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In Turkish forums they make lotions with 1 can of diane 35 in 100 ml of solvent. If I apply 3ml a day, what dose will it be?
Googled it. One tablet have 0.035mg EE and 2mg cyproterone acetate. Assuming 21 pills per "can" and that the pills doesn't add any extra volume:
21 * 0.035mg / 100ml = 0.00735mg EE per ml
21 * 2mg / 100 = 0.42mg CA per ml

Then you simply multiply with how many ml you'll use.

Norwoody

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Googled it. One tablet have 0.035mg EE and 2mg cyproterone acetate. Assuming 21 pills per "can" and that the pills doesn't add any extra volume:
21 * 0.035mg / 100ml = 0.00735mg EE per ml
21 * 2mg / 100 = 0.42mg CA per ml

Then you simply multiply with how many ml you'll use.
Sounds risky