Estimation On Grafts Needed For Hairline

Zyzz95

My Regimen
Reaction score
ive been on this site for a while but first Post from me so hi everyone , I've been quiet depressed about my hairline since I was 18 and have been swaying on the decision to go for a hair transplant for the last couple year , I have being taking finasteride coming up 2 years and hasn't regrew anything but maybe have only receded a couple Millimetres the last few years , I've also being taking minoxidil and nizoral on and off , I'd more than likely go to turkey and would be next year if I decide to go for it , was just curious to how many grafts you guys think I would need to fill in the temples for the straighter look , I am prepared to go for further treatments down the line but would rather feel better about my self whilst I am young , thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0401.JPG
    IMG_0401.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 655
  • IMG_0402.JPG
    IMG_0402.JPG
    89.7 KB · Views: 676
  • IMG_0403.JPG
    IMG_0403.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 594
  • IMG_0404.JPG
    IMG_0404.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 687
  • IMG_0406.JPG
    IMG_0406.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 657
  • IMG_0410.JPG
    IMG_0410.JPG
    103.8 KB · Views: 663
  • IMG_0413.JPG
    IMG_0413.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 695

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
With the way you cut your hair obviously only do it with FUE. No more than 2500, and use one of the top doctors so they don't fk it up.

dr dhananjay

My Regimen
Reaction score
around 2K will be sufficient

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
2000 grafts for a Norwood 2.5? That's insane. I guess if you wanted a perfectly straight hairline it would require 2000 grafts but I'd highly advise against a straight hairline using 25% of your donor at your age. How many 50/60 year olds do you see walking around with nw1s. Think about it. Where ever you place the hairline now, is going to be the foundation of where you'll need to fill in the future. Use your best judgement if you decide to go through with it. Can't trust hair transplant docs.

Last edited:

Zyzz95

My Regimen
Reaction score
2000 grafts for a Norwood 2.5? That's insane. I guess if you wanted a perfectly straight hairline it would require 2000 grafts but I'd highly advise against a straight hairline using 25% of your donor at your age. How many 50/60 year olds do you see walking around with nw1s. Think about it. Where ever you place the hairline now, is going to be the foundation of where you'll need to fill in the future. Use your best judgement if you decide to go through with it. Can't trust hair transplant docs.
Thanks for the advice , wouldnt need to be totally straight just a bit more of a youthfull hairline of what i have at the moment and temple points

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice , wouldnt need to be totally straight just a bit more of a youthfull hairline of what i have at the moment and temple points
1200-1300 grafts. Anything more is too aggressive. I have the same pattern you do and can't bring myself to get one. Don't want to look like an insecure weirdo later in life.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't do it man, you're way too young for a hair transplant.
Stick to current treatments if you're able to maintain with it.

No hair transplant before the thirties IMO, you don't know how your loss gonna progress, this is insane.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't do it man, you're way too young for a hair transplant.
Stick to current treatments if you're able to maintain with it.

No hair transplant before the thirties IMO, you don't know how your loss gonna progress, this is insane.

"Don't know how your loss gonna progress"

"You might get hit by a car at 30, so better not bother going to work tomorrow"

"You might end up breaking up with her, so better not bother asking her out"

Actually there are plenty of tools for detecting miniturization across the entire scalp to tell if they will thin in future so that's not even accurate. Measuring donor capacity also isn't difficult and allows for planning of an approach that will work with future loss. We can also look at plenty of studies saying 85% maintain on finasteride on finasteride and about 80% will maintain for a decade at least. That isn't including the addition of minoxidil or keto shampoo, or future treatments.

Dude your comment is so f*****g stupid.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just repeating what many derms told me way too many times...yeah this is just f*****g stupid, damn this surgery lovers are annoying

His hair are fine, you were at a worse level

And yeah, btw i maintain a NW1.5 for 13 years with finasteride, still maintaining, but that's not justify a hair transplant at 22

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Just repeating what many derms told me way too many times...yeah this is just f*****g stupid, damn this surgery lovers are annoying

His hair are fine, you were at a worse level

And yeah, btw i maintain a NW1.5 for 13 years with finasteride, still maintaining, but that's not justify a hair transplant at 22

Nice job proving my point. If he can maintain until he is 35 (or at least 10 years according to studies) why the f*** wouldn't he do a transplant now? Use your f*****g head mate.

What you just said is pretty much the best advertisement for getting a hair transplant at 22 you could find.

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because he can be in that 15%, he just doesn't know it yet....use your f*****g head too

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyway, OP you are a free man, do whatever it suits you, make that gamble this is your decision

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Don't know how your loss gonna progress"

"You might get hit by a car at 30, so better not bother going to work tomorrow"

"You might end up breaking up with her, so better not bother asking her out"

Actually there are plenty of tools for detecting miniturization across the entire scalp to tell if they will thin in future so that's not even accurate. Measuring donor capacity also isn't difficult and allows for planning of an approach that will work with future loss. We can also look at plenty of studies saying 85% maintain on finasteride on finasteride and about 80% will maintain for a decade at least. That isn't including the addition of minoxidil or keto shampoo, or future treatments.

Dude your comment is so f*****g stupid.
"Cope"

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice job proving my point. If he can maintain until he is 35 (or at least 10 years according to studies) why the f*** wouldn't he do a transplant now? Use your f*****g head mate.

What you just said is pretty much the best advertisement for getting a hair transplant at 22 you could find.
Dude you're dumb. Finasteride doesn't stop hairloss it slows it down...IF your hairloss isn't aggressive. And those miniturization tests are a f*****g joke... just lol strong denial

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Because he can be in that 15%, he just doesn't know it yet....use your f*****g head too
Most can attain full coverage over the balding area with their available donor. The fact is he'll be better off in the long term with a few transplants. Why do you f*****g idiots think that more than 1 transplant long term is the end of the world?

80% chance he'll maintain over the next decade, subsequent to that 95% chance his donor will attain borderline full coverage on the balding area if it ever came to that, he also has the option of dutasteride down the track, and liklihood of further treatments.

You're a brainless sh*t bag mate.

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you understand the meaning of the word cope? Is the data from various medical studies including independent studies cope?
It's so obvious that you're worried your going to look like a f*****g retard when you're a Norwood 5 in 5 years and you constantly try to justify your procedure. It's obvious. And you're so wrong about hair transplants it's absolutely hilarious.