Estimad 6300 grafts, norw.6, curly dark hair, what to do ... ? (photos)

siphna

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello I am 27 years old, last year I went to Dr. ********, Lupanzula and Muresanu.

At the time, I had a short haircut (buzzed to 1 cm) so my donor area didn't look as full as it does now, because I have curly hair with good coverage

********: Did not want to do a hair transplant on me, without at least putting me on minoxidil. Oral + fina + prp, he didn't like my donor area

Lupanzula: was hesitant, he wanted to wait and see finasteride/minoxidil effect, I took 6 months of finasteride and minoxidil, but I had ES, and it did not seem to particularly slow down or have any significant effect on the hair loss

Muresanu: He warned me that I was a big norwood, but that my donor area was not bad ! and he said if I am motivated we could try, he estimated roughly 6300 graft

I did minoxidil & Topical fina for 6 months at 2.5% (large dosage) very assiduously: I had side effects (ejaculations with very very little sperm, and peaks of anxiety / depression, I'm already subject to it with or without finasteride, so I decided for my safety not to continue any medication.

For the moment, I use TOPPIK, and honestly nobody notices anything (see photo), I do not have crazy expectations about the transplant, if I have a result where I must continue to use a little bit of toppik, I don't mind just aiming for something okay

I hesitate between the transplant, and (worst case scenario) a hair system, what do you think? And for the transplant do you think it's better to focus on the frontal 1/3 and at worst to use a hair system later on for the posterior vertex? Or distribute the graft evenly and use toppik?

Thanks to those who take the time to help!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 230
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 229
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 225
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 229
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 223
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 235
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    153 KB · Views: 230
  • donneuse.jpg
    donneuse.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 218
  • profil 2.jpg
    profil 2.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 218
  • profil.jpg
    profil.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 209
  • toppik.jpg
    toppik.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 216

TheDarkHour

My Regimen
Reaction score
Prioritise the frontal 1/3 (especially the hairline) but not too much so that you still have decent amount for the rest. You have a great donor area so I think you will be fine.