Essential Oils And Topical Saw Palmetto?

EP93

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello. I'm 23 years old and have been thinning on my crown for 2 years. The last 6 months or so it seems to have accelerated so I have been frantically searching for a natural treatment. I tried saw palmetto internally but it messed with my hormones, reduced my libido, and made me depressed so I stopped after three weeks.

I use Regenepure DR shampoo once or twice a week (so little because it makes my hair stringy and kind of ugly). I've been applying a mixture of coconut oil, lavender essential oil, and peppermint essential oil about 2x per week for maybe 3 months now and topical nettle root tincture about 2x per week. A couple weeks ago I started taking the nettle root tincture internally as well. Finally, I use a 0.5 mm dermaroller every 10 days or so but am gonna be better at doing it once a week or more. Am I applying these oils often enough or should it be everyday? I am going to try adding rosemary essential oil to my coconut oil blend as well and think I may add saw palmetto topically and hope there are no sides.

If anyone has had experience with these can you give me some tips or let me know if they help? Please don't recommend minoxidil and/or finasteride. I'm not willing to try those.

arnoldd

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hello. I'm 23 years old and have been thinning on my crown for 2 years. The last 6 months or so it seems to have accelerated so I have been frantically searching for a natural treatment. I tried saw palmetto internally but it messed with my hormones, reduced my libido, and made me depressed so I stopped after three weeks.

I use Regenepure DR shampoo once or twice a week (so little because it makes my hair stringy and kind of ugly). I've been applying a mixture of coconut oil, lavender essential oil, and peppermint essential oil about 2x per week for maybe 3 months now and topical nettle root tincture about 2x per week. A couple weeks ago I started taking the nettle root tincture internally as well. Finally, I use a 0.5 mm dermaroller every 10 days or so but am gonna be better at doing it once a week or more. Am I applying these oils often enough or should it be everyday? I am going to try adding rosemary essential oil to my coconut oil blend as well and think I may add saw palmetto topically and hope there are no sides.

If anyone has had experience with these can you give me some tips or let me know if they help? Please don't recommend minoxidil and/or finasteride. I'm not willing to try those.

Its all psicological your sides. If you started thinning at 21 your baldness its agressive and saw palmetto and topical oils wont be enough to stop it . Its finasteride or resignation.

MrTambourine

My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe scalp massage? There is some decent literature on the fibrosis/calcification theory, so why not give it a try!

Also I think for dermarolling you need to wound deeper, about 1.5mm, about once every 1-2 weeks. Not sure about it, but I think wounding at 0.5 is made in order to increase absorption and can be done more frequently. The studies out there I think mostly for 1.5mm. With 0.5 you can do it after applying the oils I think and it will increase their absorption, but as always be careful when wounding. Some people apply minoxidil even right after wounding with 1.5mm. Me personally I don't use minoxidil but I do wait 12ish+ hours before applying essential oils, vitamins etc. When wounding 1.5mm

Saw Palmetto + EOs might suffice, but very likely won't, given your age and how aggressive balding is at early twenties. Try more things.

Good luck!

MrTambourine

My Regimen
Reaction score
Allright thank you! It should do something for many people, DHT blocker, but I guess not for everybody. I asked because I started to feel worse overall and not sure if a decrease on libido but that's so hard to tell, and besides it's only about 10 days, so mostly psychological I would say. Taking it topically too. Sorry it didn't do anything for you.

Aethas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tea tree/lavender/khella/cinnamon essential oil seem to deal with my hairloss quite efficiently.

Hope this help.

MrTambourine

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Armando Jose!

I've following a lot of your posts and you are an expert on the topical solutions and oils, could I ask for the enormour favor of you helping me with mine?

I've tried different things, and the truth is I've already almost 2 months on it, and my shedding is far worse :( Not same, worse.

The ingredients I have are:

Saw Palmetto
Caffeine
Arginine
Taurine
Vitamin C
Carnitine
Reishi mushroom
B6

Oils:
Pumpkin seed oil
Coconut oil
Olive oil
Castor oil
Peppermint oil
Lavender
Cedarwood
Rosemary

I have been applying a mixture of all them, mixing essential oils with supplements, only supplements... Nothing seems to work and my shedding increased in the last 2 months.

Could you please guide me a little bit about what to put and how to mix it? (Proportion, carrier)? Do you recommend using a mix of essential oils and a topical of non-oil for daily use with some of these supplements?

Thank you very much and sorry for the thread hijacking.

Red October

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Maybe scalp massage? There is some decent literature on the fibrosis/calcification theory, so why not give it a try!

Also I think for dermarolling you need to wound deeper, about 1.5mm, about once every 1-2 weeks. Not sure about it, but I think wounding at 0.5 is made in order to increase absorption and can be done more frequently. The studies out there I think mostly for 1.5mm. With 0.5 you can do it after applying the oils I think and it will increase their absorption, but as always be careful when wounding. Some people apply minoxidil even right after wounding with 1.5mm. Me personally I don't use minoxidil but I do wait 12ish+ hours before applying essential oils, vitamins etc. When wounding 1.5mm

Saw Palmetto + EOs might suffice, but very likely won't, given your age and how aggressive balding is at early twenties. Try more things.

Good luck!
Hi,

In my experience, I would agree with you re 1.5mm. I use 1.5 every night before applying minoxidil. It seems to help absorption. I'm starting to see some results having been on minoxidil for over a year properly and derma-rolling properly for over 6 months. My hair is definitely looking better when dry. When wet it's still not great but I'll take it! I also use 2.0mm once a week. To be honest the derma-roller is sore the first couple of times but you get used to it and you can use the pressure you're comfortable with. I wouldn't worry about a few blood spots and it going systemic. It probably will to some degree anyway. I think it should come as standard recommendation to derma-roll in conjunction with minoxidil. I use the spray rather than foam.

Re Saw Palmetto, I haven't tried it stand-alone but the shampoos I've used have it. Currently using Revivogen and previously Avalon Organics Biotin Shampoo.

figuringitout90

My Regimen
Reaction score
Natural DHT blockers work really well for me. They radically reduce my shedding, change hair from limp and shitty to solid and full looking.

https://www.amazon.com/Propidren-Ha...ay&sprefix=hair+loss+treatment,aps,173&sr=8-3

^ That works well.
The issue is Side Effects. Libido is lower, brain fog sometimes, watery semon, etc. keep in mind I tried propecia and got heavy side effects almost right away. 100% not Nocebo for me on this.

what works to alleviate it while on natural DHT blocker :
50 mg of zinc, v**** ( but not necessarily for libido). I keep experimenting hoping I can somehow keep taking dht blocker and also keep estrogen down potentially so I can keep my hair solid (my hair is night and day when on vs off DHT blocker) but also libido. L Dopa also works okay at bringing back libido. Right now I am trying DIM out with the above linked DHT blocker. Ill keep you posted.

MrTambourine

My Regimen
Reaction score
Natural DHT blockers work really well for me. They radically reduce my shedding, change hair from limp and shitty to solid and full looking.

https://www.amazon.com/Propidren-HairGenics-Palmetto-Stimulate-Follicles/dp/B01NBH0C91/ref=sr_1_3?crid=DZ04W1P1RK1G&keywords=hair+loss+treatments+for+men&qid=1561417774&s=gateway&sprefix=hair+loss+treatment,aps,173&sr=8-3

^ That works well.
The issue is Side Effects. Libido is lower, brain fog sometimes, watery semon, etc. keep in mind I tried propecia and got heavy side effects almost right away. 100% not Nocebo for me on this.

what works to alleviate it while on natural DHT blocker :
50 mg of zinc, v**** ( but not necessarily for libido). I keep experimenting hoping I can somehow keep taking dht blocker and also keep estrogen down potentially so I can keep my hair solid (my hair is night and day when on vs off DHT blocker) but also libido. L Dopa also works okay at bringing back libido. Right now I am trying DIM out with the above linked DHT blocker. Ill keep you posted.

Try Maca. I noticed huge, crazy changes. Now they more moderate but still above base level. Find a good brand.

Regarding my case and Saw Palmetto, I started taking it recently for about 2-3 weeks and I noticed some loss in libido, I'm usually on high libido as I have mentioned, and nothing for first week, but from the second week, I felt less urge, impulse, whatever you want to call it lol, so I stopped. I don't want to mess with hormones, I think I'd rather go bald or search for a transplant than affect hormones in negative way.

MrTambourine

My Regimen
Reaction score
Regarding natural DHT blockers TOPICALLY now that's a different issue. No sides and some studies behind, and I have been using Saw Palmetto along with some essential oils, but shedding is big lately (probably for other reasons, like tendency to have a high chronic cortisol in the last weeks/months, also started microneedling with Derminator 1.5mm and I think I might be causing too much damage, so that might be causing some shedding too idk), so no improvement that I can notice from DHT topical that I can report, I don't know anyway how long topicals take for them to affect shedding anyways.

figuringitout90

My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn! stay on the saw palmetto / natural DHT train! lets figure this out together hahaha. I have MACA. right now going to take MACA, DIM, and Natural DHT Blocker daily and see if jussssttttt maybe thats the winning combo.

Aethas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn! stay on the saw palmetto / natural DHT train! lets figure this out together hahaha. I have MACA. right now going to take MACA, DIM, and Natural DHT Blocker daily and see if jussssttttt maybe thats the winning combo.

You could add some progesterone cream on frontal if you want to go full on hormone control ;)

EP93

My Regimen
Reaction score
I found this product "Hairmetto" which a YouTuber named Scott Nali uses alongside derma rolling and he's had success (check out his videos, the progress is impressive, albeit slow). I found their ingredients label and found I already have probably 70% of these ingredients and have made a similar oil for night use. However, I would like to try and make my own daily serum that won't make my hair look greasy during the day (so water based). Anyone have any ideas how I could make this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-07-02-00-06-58.png
    Screenshot_2019-07-02-00-06-58.png
    391.4 KB · Views: 236