Erections. Do you see any differences on your sexual perfor?

bluntman

Reaction score
Ive been on propecia for about 9 months, and my performance has been consistant and on constant demand. Im always being asked to bust out some of my aztec warrior techniques.

thiningattop

Established Member
Reaction score
okay, i've only been on finasteride for under two weeks, but i have noticed 2 sexual side effects. One being that i now have watery-like sperm. Second being that my libido has definatly increased. Yup .... a pretty big increase. I dont think this is the norm, ... but im assuming that just like the people who have a decrease in their libido, mine will eventually go back to normal within a few months too. And if it doesn't .... no harm in that!!!

souldoctor

Reaction score
No side effects really, just had nut ache for first few days if that, which quickly went away,and nothing else ever since (and coming up to 9 months now on propecia). Still get morning wood, still horny as ever, but my hair's a different story! Going through phases constantly of shedding then not shedding, etc,etc....it's ok though overall still (just about).

rkim

Established Member
Reaction score
I keep hearing about Aginine but it's not helping me. Is there a certain dose needed before it has any affect on your junk? I was taking 500mg a day now 1000mg. Also, how long did it take for you to see a difference? Have you ever heard of it making the situation worse? Mine has but that may be just timing.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
I'm sorry. I take 2000mg/day, and I've been recommended taking 3000-5000/day for huge differences in libido. You just gotta find what's right for you.

It won't make things worse. It has properties which actually help your hair, too. It's good for your circulation, and is supplemental to a good exercise and diet regimen.

It took about 2 weeks for me to notice the morning glories.

rkim

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks Aplunk1, I'll try to up my dosage a bit. It seems like a lost cause, but I guess I have nothing to loose.... (except hair).

BTW, I tried Yohimbe, nothing.... Made me jittery as f***... I thought I might have a heart attack, but no erection....

Z-Man

Reaction score
Anybody try DIM (aka Indolplex)? I just jumped on it, take 200mg/day and so far I've been feeling pretty good. It's suposed to help you metabolize estrogen and increase free T.

I also quit finasteride (hahaha). Damn that stupid drug. I know it works for me but it gives me every side effect in the book. I might go back on it starting at .25mg/day. Anybody with luck at this dosage?

taserbrod

Reaction score
Okay...I have been on finasteride for 5 1/2 months. I initially had an increase in libido and actually got and stayed harder. A couple weeks ago, I got the nutache for about 2 days...after that, I have had a sig. decrease in libido, have trouble maintaining wood and dont get as hard. Also, it takes like 4 years to climax. Really embarrassing and just a f*****g pain.

Any suggestions or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Z-Man

Reaction score
Dude dude dude.....I feel your pain. I had zilcho libido from the get-go. Scary. Don't feel like a man. I quit finasteride after about 2 months and bounced back in about a week, but didn't really wanna find out if the sides would go away in case they WOULDN'T go away.

I really like my hair, and really wanna keep it. I would like to start off slow maybe at like .25mg and see what happens. As for supplements, I've been horny as hell taking 200mg DIM and 3g's of L-Arganine/day. I also work out 3 times a week. See if any of that helps.

rkim

Established Member
Reaction score
Is it possible for sides to get worse directly after a decrease? Would a decrease in dose cause things to get worse before they get better? This has been the case each time I decreased. Just timing? What has been others experience?

Something else I’ve noticed: after a bad period of sides I try to lay off from ejaculating for a few days, hoping to build it up. Doesn’t help (seems to get worse), but if I try my best to get one off, it feels better the next couple of days. Like it had been laying dormant only to be woken up. Timing again?

Jupiter1

Reaction score
I'm off propecia. When I was using it I exeperienced a persistant and gradual decrease in my libido. The first thing to go was morning wood. No recovery after 1 month at the 0.25mg dose. Since stopping my libido began to gradually climb and was back to normal within a month.

Finasteride prevents the formation of DHT by reducing testosterone, the result is excess estrogen. Is it any wonder some of us wind up with diminished masculization? One of the keys to hair loss prevention and treatment is to maintain high levels of testosterone, while reducing build up of strong estrogens. By Binding up Testosterone (T) with Sex Hormone Bingding Globulin (SHBG) T cannot be converted to DHT. This is the basis of the approach to hairloss that I am doing

Zman - DIM (Diindolylmethane) It increases the level of "good" estrogens, namely (2-hydroxyestrogen) while reducing the level of "bad" estrogens (16-hydroxyestrogen). Why is this important for hair loss? Excessively strong estrogens can interfer with normal estrogen metabolism, and when you're blocking DHT you're also inviting unhealthy estrogens (hence diminished libido for one). The weaker estrogens on the other hand uptake into receptor sites and prevent "toxic" estrogens from dominating. This in turn increases "free testosterone" what you really want..

Siberian

Established Member
Reaction score
Jupiter1 said:
Finasteride prevents the formation of DHT by reducing testosterone..

Nope, it simply reduces the amount of testosterone which gets converted into DHT. You actually end up with *more* testosterone in your blood (about 10% more) when on Propecia. Propecia users should all be studs.

Jupiter1

Reaction score
Siberian - A typo. I meant to say that it reduces testosterone conversion to DHT.

The higher levels of T are counter balanced by an increase in Oestrogens via aromatization of T. In some individuals this is enough to reduce libido.