Erections and propecia!

nottingham_uk

Reaction score
Cheers Guys! It;s just that Its been two mornings on the trot that I've woken up without a 'stiffy'! IS this normal in the first few weeks???

hoit

Reaction score
it's fairly common, things should umm... perk up a bit within the next few weeks so just ride it out.

jayC99

Established Member
Reaction score
nottingham_uk said:
Cheers Guys! It;s just that Its been two mornings on the trot that I've woken up without a 'stiffy'! IS this normal in the first few weeks???

I stopped getting them, it's been over a year...

m.gibson

Established Member
Reaction score
Life without a dick!

Hi guys i was thinking about taking finasteride but now im quite sure i wont. Hair is important but at what expense..... Its good having hard boners. How can you lot honestly sacrifice your healths. The FDA's reserch is clearly not accurate as its much more than just 2% who are suffering these side affects which are irreversible.

Why would any of you lot risk having male boobs, no erections and infertility? I dont think I will risk it lads. I think im just gonna stick to minoxidil 5% until something safe comes along. I think some people need to wake up and stop lying to themselves we know whats important to us.

Subliminal

Established Member
Reaction score
No problems with erections here. Might just be all mental since you're thinking about it.

m.gibson

Established Member
Reaction score
Sideaffects

Have you suffered any sideaffects as a result of finasteride?

I would like to take it but im not sure if i should risk it. I think there is more than 2% of people with side affects.

Does finasteride affect fertility and do you think I will be ok with a small dose of 0.5 gram per day?

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
The loss of morning erections is a well known side effect of finasteride. I haven't woken up with a boner since I started it but have no trouble getting one when I'm awake. There is no evidence that it effects fertility.

m.gibson

Established Member
Reaction score
So the only side affect you have experienced is no boner in the morning?

Does Tony always deliver when called to battle? And i also heard that the penis gets smaller and you may develop male boobs? Would you reccomend me to take finasteride or wait for soemthing better to come along and loose my hair in the same process lol

Subliminal

Established Member
Reaction score
m.gibson said:
So the only side affect you have experienced is no boner in the morning?

Does Tony always deliver when called to battle? And i also heard that the penis gets smaller and you may develop male boobs? Would you reccomend me to take finasteride or wait for soemthing better to come along and loose my hair in the same process lol

If you're that worried, don't take it. Simple as that.

All I can do is speak for my own experiences. I had the same fears for almost 2 years before getting on finasteride. I wish I had gotten on sooner, since at this point I may have regrown my temples back. No undesireable effects, and I've been on for 5 months.

m.gibson

Established Member
Reaction score
So where can I get hold of finasteride from? Did you turn to your Doctor? What did he say when you asked for it? Is 0.5 gram per day ok? What has finasteride done for you say far in terms of results?

CCS

Reaction score
now you guys are making me wonder if I've been having side effects and just not known about it. I don't recall ever having morning stiffies. I just get them at work and in class and at night. If I'm not waking up with them, does that mean there is something wrong with me?

CCS

Reaction score
Should I get the blood vessels down there examined to make sure they are not clogged? I think I've been like this all my life, and that propecia is not to blame.

Hawaii male

Established Member
Reaction score
I havnt had morning wood for over 6 months...

I can still get it up though, and thats all that matters.

hairhaircomeagain

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am not on finasteride. I stopped getting morning wood when I was like 22 ( somedays I do get up with one, but most days not ). I am 26 now. However when time comes "the dude" is doing exactly what its supposed to do :lol: and yeah sometimes even 6 times a day...woh those days are exhausting...not for me...for her 8)

Resultsnottypical

Established Member
Reaction score
The loss of morning wood is common, even with the majority of us, who suffer no other sides.

I have read numerous other posts over the years where someone was taking the appropriate dose, would still be able to get it up when needed, but no longer got the typical morning erections.

It has been the same for me. I can perform as desired, three times a day, but do not get the morning erections any longer.

I do not know what biological or physiological connection there is that might cause this, particularly because it does not seem to effect regular erectile functions.

Perhaps Brian can shed some light on the topic.

powersam

Reaction score
as to finasteride having an effect on fertility, i know of at least one study done very recently which showed finasteride had absolutely no effect on fertility levels. just as fertile before as after.