Erectile Dysfunction from Minoxidil

fred nevin

My Regimen
Reaction score
just to clarify when i say "before on average i would wake up maybe once or twice a week with a albeit very semi erection" i mean that during my recovery period since i took the rogaine 9 months ago.
because before i took rogaine i had woken up with a rock hard erection for as long as i can remember. probably since i started puberty. thats how ive always been. im 29 by the way. no some guys dont get morning erections at that age which is fine if its normal for them. but the fact i always did and now havent got any since the rogain or involuntary erections shows something is seriously wrong. not to mention the fact that i cant attain a full erection on my own. 75to80% at most i can get it with constant stimulation. whereas before once it was up i would struggle to get it down!
in addition to this my actual penis has changed. is longer in its flaccid state. used to be a grower not a shower. pre rogaine my flaccid penis was about 3 inches since ive taken the rogaine my flaccid penis is now over 5 inches! it feels like dead rubber. is really stretchy/bendy and really wrinkly compared to before. before rogaine my erect penis was 7.5 inches long and now its 7. so its started to atrophy. girth pre rogaine was 5inches. now down to 4.5 Although lost half an inch could be down to the fact i dont feel fully erect.

MRNR

My Regimen
Reaction score
I used minoxidil for a month and i had the same side effects, erectile dysfunction, low libido and watery semen, i stopped in march, and i made some exams this month and my testosterone is normal, the most part of side effects desapeared, but i still don't have a lot of erections during the day and sometimes i have morning wood, but i believe this is just temporary. Our head just turn the problems even worse.

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
just to clarify when i say "before on average i would wake up maybe once or twice a week with a albeit very semi erection" i mean that during my recovery period since i took the rogaine 9 months ago.
because before i took rogaine i had woken up with a rock hard erection for as long as i can remember. probably since i started puberty. thats how ive always been. im 29 by the way. no some guys dont get morning erections at that age which is fine if its normal for them. but the fact i always did and now havent got any since the rogain or involuntary erections shows something is seriously wrong. not to mention the fact that i cant attain a full erection on my own. 75to80% at most i can get it with constant stimulation. whereas before once it was up i would struggle to get it down!
in addition to this my actual penis has changed. is longer in its flaccid state. used to be a grower not a shower. pre rogaine my flaccid penis was about 3 inches since ive taken the rogaine my flaccid penis is now over 5 inches! it feels like dead rubber. is really stretchy/bendy and really wrinkly compared to before. before rogaine my erect penis was 7.5 inches long and now its 7. so its started to atrophy. girth pre rogaine was 5inches. now down to 4.5 Although lost half an inch could be down to the fact i dont feel fully erect.

This is the biggest bullshit I've ever read.

Mrdon

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yup. Same issue. This happens with all blood pressure medications. Even the ones they claim doesn't affect ED. I know because I've taken them. Rogaine just made matters worse. Long flaccid penis, when you do get an erection it can embarrass you mid-intercourse. I'm gonna try a bald head hair style and change my diet and exercise for the high blood pressure.

I can assure you all that rogaine messed up my libido and my erections. Morning wood is like half flaccid half erect.

4myBP

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm a 37yr female But I have input I've been on Minoxidil oral 20mg for 6wks..I have always had a healthy sex drive, now I've noticed loss in interest and weak orgasms, dryness. This only began when I increased to 20mg and recently. I'm hoping this isn't permanent as this is taking away my fun in life. I doubt there's anything I can do to counteract this unless I stop taking this med.ill Def know it's this drug if and when I go off this and I return to normal .. Maybe for you others stop worrying about hair loss and focus on what really makes women happy ')

msh313

My Regimen
Reaction score

Hey how are you doing now? i used minoxidil for 5 days and stopped after doing more research on the sides.. then 2 weeks after stopping bang ED and no labido, brain fog, join pains

Mrdon

My Regimen
Reaction score
OK. Just an update. Guys, I think my ED may have either been attributed to stress or another blood pressure meds.
I met a sexy as hell girl and i couldn't get it up. By the third time having sex i was a stallion again, and from then on i'm hard as a rock when needed. Was probably all in my head.

Ryko

Reaction score
This forum never ceases to surprise me, it is full of complete and utter horseshit. Minoxidil does NOT affect your god damn penis. I swear to god someone was claiming Nizoral shampoo was causing him ED in another thread. Next week on this forum we'll see someone claiming his toothpaste made his dick stop working. You guys are way too paranoid and should not have access to the internet. If you have dick problems stop blaming products on the market and go to a doctor, or maybe you aren't heterosexual, give it a thought.

J0ker

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
OK. Just an update. Guys, I think my ED may have either been attributed to stress or another blood pressure meds.
I met a sexy as hell girl and i couldn't get it up. By the third time having sex i was a stallion again, and from then on i'm hard as a rock when needed. Was probably all in my head.
So you went from "I can assure you all that rogaine messed up my libido and my erections." To "I think my ED may have either been attributed to stress or another blood pressure meds."

Think before you type trash next time. Also I'm not sure how your libido recovered based off 1 girl, that also makes 0 sense. You literally have no idea what you're talking about and you're typing nonsense again.

Comments like these are enough to make people question using minoxidil, for the wrong reasons.

lazydeepak

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 29 years old male, I've had a transplant (1300 grafts), norwood 1 after transplant, currently using Rogaine (10th can) once a day and Nizoral 3 times a week. I've had no side effects, no etching, no palpitation or rapid heart beat. I've not had great results, probably I'm losing less hairs and I can see my crown area is a little dense now, maybe i'm a weak responder or may be because i'm using it once a day. I'm not gonna use it twice a day because I'm too lazy to do that but I use sufficient amount (One can lasts 21 days).

I was really surprise to see that some Idiots are claiming to have loss of libido due to Rogaine usage, that's really hilarious, like a guy said in the comment section, "if your dick doesn't work please go visit a Doctor instead of bitching about the products in the market" :D

Last edited: