Epibiotech presented their results on pig skin model

Joxy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Epibiotech CEO Sung Jong-hyeok said that through the presentation of the results of the non-clinical test conducted by the company, it was confirmed that the number of hairs increased by 40% and the hair thickness by 30% after 1 month after transplantation of human dermal papilla cells in pig skin. He also explained that the non-clinical toxicity test of EPI-001, a dermal papilla cell pipeline, was completed in June, and that it will apply for an IND in the second half of the year and enter the phase 1 clinical trial in 2023.

Last edited:

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
ty, pretty interesting

what about follicular neogenesis? or its only meant to strength weakened hair?

Zon Ama

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Isnt this actually very good news?
Stemore is taking ages to prove their concept on pigs, while epibiotech just did

Super Metroid

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
is it 40% of non vellus hairs? And within what region did they test? It’s so hard to trust these kinds of numbers these days

Yeah indeed.

What does an "40% increase" even mean? If you have no hair left in a specific region, the 40% increase would amount to nothing.

And there is of course the usual caveat, will progress pass the 6-12 months mark/

HMI 115 IS THE CURE dude

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah indeed.

What does an "40% increase" even mean? If you have no hair left in a specific region, the 40% increase would amount to nothing.

And there is of course the usual caveat, will progress pass the 6-12 months mark/
there also has to be a reason why they only chose to report post 1 month transplantation numbers. If you go through all the effort to transplant human DP cells in a pig model, you would think they would be pretty incentivized to wait longer than 1 month

JohnDoe5

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
there also has to be a reason why they only chose to report post 1 month transplantation numbers. If you go through all the effort to transplant human DP cells in a pig model, you would think they would be pretty incentivized to wait longer than 1 month
1. What if the area they implanted the cells regrew all the hair that could possibly fit in that area, in which case there would be no point in putting more time into the study because the technique obviously results in full regrowth.

2. Or maybe they were thrilled by the results so they wanted to release early results and the study will continue for more months but given that they plan to start human trials in 2024 it seems like the study is likely completed.