Entire head hairloss/thinning

Kevin1986

Reaction score
I have been thinning and losing hair for about 10yrs now. I don't have any bald patches but my hair is noticeabily thin. Now here's the interesting thing, I've been slowily losing the hair on my ENTIRE head!

At this rate, I'll probably be totally bald in another 20yrs. I REALLY don't want this and that's why I'm here looking for some good advice.

My current regimen:

Nioxin Shampoo and Conditioner (once a day)
5% Minoxidil (once a day)
2% Nizoral (once to twice a week)

QUESTION:

Is there anything else I should try?

Thanks!

Artas

Established Member
Reaction score
You need to try taking something which will lower the DHT in your body and on your scalp. Have you tried finasteride? If you are worried about the side effects then try alternatives such as Saw Palmetto... however I would recommend buying a product like Foligain

http://www.agestop.net/Agestop/product_detail.aspx?PID=2356

It is all natural...

If not, then try and topical such as spironolactone, RU or Eucapil.

sadscalp

Established Member
Reaction score
If you're losing hair on the entire head, well that doesn't sound like male pattern baldness.

Get your *** to a derm. It might be something else.

Kevin1986

Reaction score
idontwanttobebalding said:
Kevin1986, Are you losing hair right above your ears and right above the back of your neck line?

Yeah. It's especially thin on the sides and back.

I asked my doctor about Propecia (finasteride). He said it is a dangerous product because it lowers the testosterone levels in the body. Something like that, anyway.

Thanks for all the input, everyone!

reckless

Established Member
Reaction score
idontwanttobebalding said:
Kevin1986, Are you losing hair right above your ears and right above the back of your neck line?

My hair is balding like this. The sides are thin and the bottom of the back is thin so my barber has to give me a fake straight cut on the back.

What does this mean? Is it something else apart from male pattern baldness?

I've been on finasteride and minoxidil for 5 months but no new growth.

oofah

Reaction score
I responded to another post like this where he was losing hair around the ears and back with a lot of itching and what worked for me was cutting out sugar from my diet.

I've tried probiotics, fish oil, digestive aids, vinegar, baking soda (internally/externally) aloe vera, curcumin, nizoral, steroid shampoos, spironolactone, RU dutasteride and finasteride, which I've been on for ever it seems like but none of them stopped the itching. After about 2-3 days of cutting out sugar my scalp in the back and around the ears stopped itching and thin areas began to fill in within 3-4 months.
Just recently I started using aloe gel and it may be helping synergistically but on it's own (without my new diet) it was useless.