Entecavir - Promotion of CD34+ Progenitor Cells

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Alright, it's been confirmed that CD200 and CD34+ progenitor cells are lacking in balding men's follicles. So far, most of us have only focused on blocking stuff (dht, dkk1, pgd2, etc) but we haven't focused on promoting whats MISSING in our scalps either. Having said this, Entecavir is an oral antiviral drug used in the treatment of hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection. Entecavir is a reverse transcriptase inhibitor. It prevents the hepatitis B virus from multiplying and reduces the amount of virus in the body. But, according to this study:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25425463

It also promotes CD34+ progenitor cells. The good news is that this stuff has already passed clinical trials and was recently cleared by the FDA. It's trade name is 'Baraclude'. More general information can be found here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Entecavir

I wonder if this could be used topically, it's molecular mass is pretty damn small, only 277 dalton, where as Minoxidil is 209 dalton and general rule is that anything below 400 dalton can pass quite easily.

Study on CD34+ cells lacking in bald men here:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21206086

inbrugge

Reaction score
Rock on, man.

Just feeling totally in the gutter about my hair loss today. But seeing the new info flowing gives me some morale.

I just wonder why, from all the researchers, pharmaceuticals, doctors, etc, not even one has attempted a study with this or tofacitinib or any of the other obvious treatments.

It's f*cking straightforward. There are established research papers saying Androgenetic Alopecia sufferers are missing CD34+ and CD200. There are already FDA approved medicines that regulate those 2 things. Not one f*cking person thought "Hey, let's get 20 people, put this sh*t on their heads for half a year, and take pictures." Seriously is starting to boil my blood. Instead, all we get are "accidental cures" that f*cking grow hair on mice.

And because of this bullsh*t, we're stuckntrying to buy Rx's off the black market and throwing them randomly on our scalp. Give me a f*cking break.

rambo007

Reaction score
Rock on, man.

Just feeling totally in the gutter about my hair loss today. But seeing the new info flowing gives me some morale.

I just wonder why, from all the researchers, pharmaceuticals, doctors, etc, not even one has attempted a study with this or tofacitinib or any of the other obvious treatments.

It's f*cking straightforward. There are established research papers saying Androgenetic Alopecia sufferers are missing CD34+ and CD200. There are already FDA approved medicines that regulate those 2 things. Not one f*cking person thought "Hey, let's get 20 people, put this sh*t on their heads for half a year, and take pictures." Seriously is starting to boil my blood. Instead, all we get are "accidental cures" that f*cking grow hair on mice.

And because of this bullsh*t, we're stuckntrying to buy Rx's off the black market and throwing them randomly on our scalp. Give me a f*cking break.

Aren't you another hellouser account? You sound just like him.

inbrugge

Reaction score
Aren't you another hellouser account? You sound just like him.

Lol, well what do you expect me to sound like when I'm watching my hair disappear in front of my eyes and the only thing I can do to 'fix' it in 2015 is minoxidil, which turns me into a wrinkly apeman, and finasteride, which gives me a limp tool and man breasts.

Meanwhile, pharmaceuticals, researchers, etc don't even test the most obvious things like running a trial on tofacitinib, which cures AA. You can't tell me it's ok that there is an FDA approved medicine that cured the brother of Androgenetic Alopecia, but not one person can be arsed to try it out for male pattern baldness.

rambo007

Reaction score
Lol, well what do you expect me to sound like when I'm watching my hair disappear in front of my eyes and the only thing I can do to 'fix' it in 2015 is minoxidil, which turns me into a wrinkly apeman, and finasteride, which gives me a limp tool and man breasts.

Meanwhile, pharmaceuticals, researchers, etc don't even test the most obvious things like running a trial on tofacitinib, which cures AA. You can't tell me it's ok that there is an FDA approved medicine that cured the brother of Androgenetic Alopecia, but not one person can be arsed to try it out for male pattern baldness.

Believe me I am also frustrated, I am NW6 at 23. But I don't like to see such bullsh*t in every thread. Look at threads in this subforum and you will find hellouser's emotional rants everywhere (not only here, on BTT as well). This kind of posts add nothing valuable and are very annoying. There is special a "The impact of hair loss" section for that. We really don't need to read about no sympathy for bald men or conspiracy against Androgenetic Alopecia over and over again.

inbrugge

Reaction score
Believe me I am also frustrated, I am NW6 at 23. But I don't like to see such bullsh*t in every thread. Look at threads in this subforum and you will find hellouser's emotional rants everywhere (not only here, on BTT as well). This kind of posts add nothing valuable and are very annoying. There is special a "The impact of hair loss" section for that. We really don't need to read about no sympathy for bald men or conspiracy against Androgenetic Alopecia over and over again.

That's fair enough. I wrote that in the heat of the moment, but you are correct, it does not really contribute anything. I don't think there is any conspiracy, but the lack of trials reallyis frustrating and somewhat inexcusable. There's what, 5-6 trials going, when the research probably warrants more like 15-16 with so many pathways.

Anyways, these placental extract mixtures are really out there, in both practicality and price. It is a good start, but really not feasible. I am curious how Replicell, PRP, or even deep dermawounding correlate to the theory of lacking CD34+ or CD200.

ohmanohno

Established Member
Reaction score
Doesn't redenesyl attempt to do this? I believe their site says that the serum goes after bulge stem cells which I believe include the ones listed above.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Doesn't redenesyl attempt to do this? I believe their site says that the serum goes after bulge stem cells which I believe include the ones listed above.

Nope, it doesn't.

minoxiDjunkie

Established Member
Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]So say everything there is true ----- there are maybe 7 mil people qith, or who had HBV,
since about 40% are balding you can surely say that there were must have been AT LEAST ONE man who was also balding or bald, AND had the HBV at the same time, aint you ??

so where is this guy ???
since hes / was on meds - if he had ANY results - it would havbeen reorted back to the medicals instatutions aint ??[/FONT]

Hairismylife

Established Member
Reaction score
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]So say everything there is true ----- there are maybe 7 mil people qith, or who had HBV,
since about 40% are balding you can surely say that there were must have been AT LEAST ONE man who was also balding or bald, AND had the HBV at the same time, aint you ??

so where is this guy ???
since hes / was on meds - if he had ANY results - it would havbeen reorted back to the medicals instatutions aint ??[/FONT]

Good point but we still need to try.
Hell, are you on the trial?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
So say everything there is true ----- there are maybe 7 mil people qith, or who had HBV,

so where is this guy ???
since hes / was on meds - if he had ANY results - it would havbeen reorted back to the medicals instatutions aint ??

The drug is fairly new, i think it got released just last year. Lets put it this way;

Janus Kinase inhibitors such as tofacitinib have been our for about 3-5 years... but we only heard about their use for hair loss LAST year. Why did THAT take so long for us to know about its use for hair loss? (AA, not Androgenetic Alopecia though).