enough of the "did dutasteride make me fat?"

CCS

Reaction score
Estrogen will give you boobs and maybe hips. If the fat is on your face or your belley, stop blaming the dutasteride/finasteride.

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
gimme a break dude, dutasteride increases estrogen that allows you to put on fat at a greater rate, and reduces DHT which keeps you hard, and is a potent estrogen antagonist.

While i dont think dutasteride will "make" you totally fat, i think you can gain "some" face fat, chest fat, belly fat,ect, while taking dutasteride.

I mean sh*t bro, people usually eat the same sh*t everyday, same type of diet and lifestyle, then they take this horomone altering pill, and notice some changes all of a sudden, its obviously the drug. I mean sure some people can eat crap and wont gain weight, because of their genetics i.e. hormones, metabolism,ect. So its very possible that taking dutasteride, and eating the same junk, you can gain weight now because dutasteride is increasing estrogen, and its slowing down your metabolism. Not to mention that exess estrogen causes inflammation, as Dr.Barry Sears said ( Zone Diet creator ).

As of 2 weeks ago i was off all DHT inhibitors for a while, and my face returned to its lean look, even tried some minoxidil, and got no bloating from it.

I tried dutasteride again now and after a couple of days my face is puffy as hell again, this sh*t sucks. Im even using AIMF to lower estrogen and its not working for my facial bloat.

Hormone altering drugs are very powerfull, especially an anti male hormone like dutasteride.

Nothing personal to you collegechemistrystudent, but i had to get off some steam. dutasteride is very powerfull, and especially in young guys like me, it can have some shitty side effects. I mean why do you think woman can gain fat a lot easier than men? Lots more estrogen.

CCS

Reaction score
I think more women get fat because they are less active, are smaller but want to eat just as much as we do, and some see pregnancy as an excuse to gain 90 pounds instead of 30. I think estrogen is more responsible for fat distribution, not total fat amount. I know many women who have no trouble keepiing the fat off. And I've seen plenty of fat guys out there. dutasteride is not getting me fat, I think. I increased my calorie intake trying to pack on some muscle, and while I got strong fast, I think all the mass just went on my gut. So now I'm trying to lose it again. Not getting any fatter, though.

powersam

Reaction score
ive lost weight on dutasteride honestly, to the point where people comment now. i dont think its the dutasteride, i think its the fact that i dont really eat any carbs.

oni

Reaction score
powersam you lost weight!

Last time you said you was 5 feet tall and 180kgs

What are you now 175kgs? still 5kgs is real good!

powersam

Reaction score
hehehe you're crazy oni, i think you got me confused with someone else.

bubka

Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
Estrogen will give you boobs and maybe hips. If the fat is on your face or your belley, stop blaming the dutasteride/finasteride.
wow, you are really smart...

estrogen will put fat in many places, mostly under all of the skin... it will not do jack to your hips there too...

CCS

Reaction score
is there another reason, then why even thin women have weight on their hips and breasts, but thin guys store it elsewhere?

CCS

Reaction score
or does estrogen just not have the same effect in men as it does in women?

I think we agree man-boobs are caused by estrogen. I'm just thinking if estrogen made people fat, women would all be fat, which they clearly are not, and easily not.

bubka

Reaction score
they have hips because there skeletons are different, this is caused by having two XX chromosomes, and the developmental differences, simply increasing estrogen will not make you grow hips CCS

women do have more body fat then men as well

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
women just carry fat in different places then men. downstairs in the hips thighs legs butt etc...

men like to carry it in their torso and up.

but it does eventually spread everywhere once you get to the obese stage for everyone.

I've gained weight that I previously didn't have before on dutas. And it wasn't a product of my lifestyle.