Enormous Shed - 300 Hairs A Day. Coverage Ruined

Limbodo

My Regimen
Reaction score
6 months on dutasteride. hair has deteriorated as expected. These drugs don't work and users here confirm that fact. They're telogen effluvium initiator drugs.

Next up is cb, and after that, bical.

If you're balding, try finasteride. if it doesnt work, skip dutasteride and head straight to cb and bical.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
dutasteride for many might be a hinderance because it fucks with progesterone.

If you're looking for real regrowth then i wouldn't bother with CB.

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
6 months on dutasteride. hair has deteriorated as expected. These drugs don't work and users here confirm that fact. They're telogen effluvium initiator drugs.

Next up is cb, and after that, bical.

If you're balding, try finasteride. if it doesnt work, skip dutasteride and head straight to cb and bical.

genuine question- what is cb and bical? I don't know all the options out there

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
genuine question- what is cb and bical? I don't know all the options out there

CB is a topical anti androgen that is being developed for Androgenetic Alopecia. It will provide maintenance at best and isn't as effective as finasteride - not even close. Bica (bicalutamide) is a very strong anti androgen taken orally for prostate cancer. Not many are using although some argue the sides to be comparable to finasteride, however with significantly better results. Dangerously unknown though.

maxou

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude 6 months is nothing. If you keep switching regimens you’ll never get results

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
CB is a topical anti androgen that is being developed for Androgenetic Alopecia. It will provide maintenance at best and isn't as effective as finasteride - not even close. Bica (bicalutamide) is a very strong anti androgen taken orally for prostate cancer. Not many are using although some argue the sides to be comparable to finasteride, however with significantly better results. Dangerously unknown though.

sigh, so really it's still just the big 3 that are the most effective still, I know dutsteride is supposed to be like finasteride but on "roids", but doesn't it has higher risk for sides? much greater than finasteride?

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
sigh, so really it's still just the big 3 that are the most effective still, I know dutsteride is supposed to be like finasteride but on "roids", but doesn't it has higher risk for sides? much greater than finasteride?

Unfortunately the big 3 remains the go to . Or in my eyes the big 2 because minoxidil will only screw you over a couple of years down the road.

dutasteride, unlike finasteride inhibits 5ar type 1 . Very prevalent in the brain. A lot who have used it have said the brain fog is unbearable - extremely spaced out feeling all the time. As for the results it can actually be more detrimental than finasteride because it fully inhibits 5ar which is responsible for converting progesterone to its more active form (hydroxyprogesterone) which we know has a big role to play in hair loss.

Haironnu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Unfortunately the big 3 remains the go to . Or in my eyes the big 2 because minoxidil will only screw you over a couple of years down the road.

dutasteride, unlike finasteride inhibits 5ar type 1 . Very prevalent in the brain. A lot who have used it have said the brain fog is unbearable - extremely spaced out feeling all the time. As for the results it can actually be more detrimental than finasteride because it fully inhibits 5ar which is responsible for converting progesterone to its more active form (hydroxyprogesterone) which we know has a big role to play in hair loss.

how does minoxidil screw you over a couple of years down the road? I mean doesn't finasteride have the same risk?

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
how does minoxidil screw you over a couple of years down the road? I mean doesn't finasteride have the same risk?

minoxidil is believed to work on the premise of simply increasing blood flow. The benefits that come with its regrowth can range from just 6 months to a couple of years max (anecdotal). There will come a point though where you will then carry on regressing at the same rate as before but now you cant stop apply the messy topical or you will have an insane shed. You literally have to keep applying every night even if it is not longer benefiting you.

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
minoxidil is believed to work on the premise of simply increasing blood flow. The benefits that come with its regrowth can range from just 6 months to a couple of years max (anecdotal). There will come a point though where you will then carry on regressing at the same rate as before but now you cant stop apply the messy topical or you will have an insane shed. You literally have to keep applying every night even if it is not longer benefiting you.

Not just anecdotal.. One study shows that people were still above baseline 5 years after starting minoxidil.

Ollie

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not just anecdotal.. One study shows that people were still above baseline 5 years after starting minoxidil.

Above their original baseline though. A lot of these studies use guys with normal slow paced balding. If you have aggressive balding and try to use stuff like minoxidil it will be an emotional rollercoaster for sure.