endomorph and propecia use and gyno

g.i joey

Reaction score
A great theory was mentioned on bodybuilding forum which made alot of sense... basically saying that endomorph are most likely to get gyno as a side effect of propecia and other body types are less prone to it.. I personally am an endomorph and could only get by taking .25mg a day to feel no nipple irritation... I'd like to know people's opinion on this theory and if it makes sense to you. Thanks!

ssjpotato

Established Member
Reaction score
Is there any science behind this? like... do endomorphs have more estrogen or something? I don't really understand but it's an interesting theory

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey g.i joey, I thought I'd just state that I'm very happy to read that you can take 0.25 mg daily of Finasteride without any trouble. Has that dose of the medication been helping you? Have you noticed any differences with your hair and scalp?

About the theory in your OP, to be honest in my opinion, I don't think whatever somatotype a man is would make a difference on how prone they are to gynecomastia. For example, look at FredTheBelgian, he's a 6'3" ectomorph and is extremely prone to gynecomastia. You're an endomorph and prone to gynecomastia. Like I previously stated, I don't think whatever somatotype a man is would make a difference on how prone they are to gynecomastia. I'm not knowledgeable about the condition, though I believe genetics and how sensitive they are to anti-androgens and/or how sensitive they are to lowered androgen levels play a role.

I myself take Dutasteride as you're probably aware of, and I've had no trouble with the medication. I'll roughly estimate that I'm approximately 70% ectomorph and 30% mesomorph, and I've been completely fine taking the dual 5-alpha-reductase inhibitor. As I'll state again for the third time, I don't think somatotypes and gynecomastia have any correlation with each other.

g.i joey

Reaction score
i know it really isnt a solid theory at all, even when explained from the dude on bodybuilding, but it makes sense in my eyes.. i mean just look at the endomorph build, the nipples are by default bigger on an endomorph than either mesomorph or ectomorph... although you do raise a valid point on fredthebelgian being a super skinny dude getting gyno... anyways the dude from bodybuilding went on saying that ectomorph wont have a problem with gyno, mesomorphs are a little more susceptible and then he basically concluded by saying a mesomorph is almost 90% certain to get gyno.... interesting theory, but i dont know if there is ANY validity to it.

well on .25 i do feel my scalp alot less oily and notice less hair fall.. but since my gyno situation a couple months ago i have been on and off with the drug for around 5 months in total, when i was taking .5 i did notice generally healthier hair 2 months in, but i also noticed breast buds which have now shrunk significantly and are undetectable to the naked eye... also i just came back from vacation a week ago and had stopped 2 weeks prior to leaving... let me tell you... the day after i landed on vaca my sex drive was through the roof so ive come to realize quitting propecia wont lead to anything permanent if done by weening off of it. Ever since last monday ive been on .25mg propecia daily. Today i decided i will try taking a dose of .25 every 12 hours and maybe maximize my intake without nipple irritation. Anyways thanks for the feedback dude, i appreciate it, you seem like a knowledgeable guy.