endgame: need some final advice here before I shave my head!

l3sstalkmor3rock

Reaction score
realizing I was losing my hair wasn't as bad as the frustration that came from trying to stop it or slow it down. my dad is bald and I knew it would someday come and get me too so accepting the fact that I'm losing my hair wasn't hard. no real point in getting angry about something that's essentially inevitable.

I've tried the following solutions with the following results:

rogaine 5%: major side effects, lightheadedness, diziness, increased heart rate and rapid weight gain.

propecia: decreased libido amongst other various uncomfortable sexual side effects.

revivogen: wasn't sure if it was working for the last 6 months but my hair was always nasty the following morning and for the last month, I've been going through the worst shedding in my life.

folligen: no such side effects, unsure if the shedding is as a result of the folligen or revivogen.

I'd rather look like mr. clean all year round instead of halloween and have a hard-on rather than have messed up, soon to be clearly balding hair and be limp.

I realize I'm only left with a couple of choices here to continue my effort against stopping my hair loss. rogaine 2% might have less side effects and I continue to hear positive results from spironolactone. it just seems silly after reading articles about how rogaine and propecia both peak at 5 years and then seem to lose effectiveness. I mean, what's the point then?

either way, I'm stopping the revivogen temporarily to see if that's the cause of the super crazy shedding. I'll give the rogaine 2% a shot but I'd like some advice on where to get spironolactone from and what would be best for me.

any help would be appreciated before I lose patience with my hair all together. thanks.

omgstfuty

Established Member
Reaction score
hey i wish i had some tips for you, but i dont :), I did shave my head a while ago, and I think i am more easy going now then I was before, theres a lot more benefits to keeping it shaved, no hassle in the morning etc, and women to seem to like it, ( you have to work on your eyes, try and get a cheeky look in them, a sparkle,)
I am however thinking about starting to use minoxidal for my crown, cos its thin as hell, Ive never tried any treatments, and I have told myself that I should at least give them a go to see if they do anything for me.
Whats this about you gaining weight from applying the minoxidal?? how did that happen?
Cheers amigo

l3sstalkmor3rock

Reaction score
OMFGWTFBBQLOL!!1

I guess it's called systemic absorption, water and such would be retained by the minoxidil and carried through my body. that's the way I understand it at least. I stopped it right away and I lost the weight in a week and I was fine again. still kinda weird and makes me weary on trying it again.

the biggest thing is to try it. if it works, wahoo. if it doesn't, find something else.

omgstfuty

Established Member
Reaction score
thats it dude, I need to do it, or otherwise ill always be like "what if", etc, how much weight did you put on?? are we talking sh*t-loads, or just a bit??
lol, that scares the be-jesus out of me, :)

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
if you give pictures or give your current Norwood level, you will get more suggestions.

l3sstalkmor3rock

Reaction score
omgstfuty said:
thats it dude, I need to do it, or otherwise ill always be like "what if", etc, how much weight did you put on?? are we talking $#iT-loads, or just a bit??
lol, that scares the be-jesus out of me, :)

haha, 7lbs in one week. that's enough to freak me out.

kosmo

Established Member
Reaction score
i didnt have any weight gain when using minoxidil. i wouldnt worry about that.

l3sstalkmor3rock

Reaction score
after discontinuing the minoxidil, I immediately lost the weight in a couple of days. nearly 10lbs is enough to make a point, not to mention the other side effects I was feeling. should this scare away anyone else from trying the medication? no, it shouldn't as I just happen to be part of the 2% that gets these side effects.

Reaction score
l3sstalkmor3rock said:
after discontinuing the minoxidil, I immediately lost the weight in a couple of days. nearly 10lbs is enough to make a point, not to mention the other side effects I was feeling. should this scare away anyone else from trying the medication? no, it shouldn't as I just happen to be part of the 2% that gets these side effects.

Nope, dont believe it. No way that could be caused by minoxidil.

l3sstalkmor3rock

Reaction score
better believe it buddy, it's listed as a side effect and it all mysteriously went away a week after I discontinued the medication. I mean, how else would you account for that while feeling the other side effects?