End Of The Road? Please Give Opinion

sop1rano

My Regimen
Reaction score
Have done everything the last ten years, minoxidil, finasteride, shampoo, micro needle, vitamins etc? Anyway to actually fill this in or best it’s gonna get? It was scalp back when but is this worth it all? Thanks!!!

Attachments

• 41D026CB-89B8-4C2C-8159-916CEA5AEBFA.jpeg
    41D026CB-89B8-4C2C-8159-916CEA5AEBFA.jpeg
    84.8 KB · Views: 373

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
HRT, shave or system. I would consider HRT before a system or shaving though, it's the only way you have even a remote chance of a decent recovery.

Last edited:

Anatoly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have good amount of fine hair in the deceased zones. Your scalp is in a disastrous condition (which gives scope for improvement).
Before thinking about female sex hormones... you may consider intensifying your regimen and trying to control as many variables affecting hair loss as possible, consider a combo of:
1) minoxidil 15% + azelaic acid 5% twice daily
2) DMSO water-based solution 3-5% to moisten your scalp before minoxidil (it can make a huge difference provided all other components of the regimen are in place), effects of DMSO on your scalp should be seen within a week
3) dutasteride .5 mg
4) keto shampoo (e.g. Nizoral 2% daily) + detox-shampoo (with a peeling effect e.g. Vichy/Nioxin), do not use hair balm etc - only shampoo + massage at least 5 min
5) Isotretinoin low-dose - e.g. 10 mg daily to get rid of the apparent sebaceous hyperplasia, oily scalp and clogged hair follicles
6) a zinc supplement
7) tofacitinib (if affordable)
8) clascoterone (when available)

sop1rano

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks! Maybe I’ll try option 1. I’ve only ever used regains. Any best site to get it outside of googling it? Should I Have High hopes?

You have good amount of fine hair in the deceased zones. Your scalp is in a disastrous condition (which gives scope for improvement).
Before thinking about female sex hormones... you may consider intensifying your regimen and trying to control as many variables affecting hair loss as possible, consider a combo of:
1) minoxidil 15% + azelaic acid 5% twice daily
2) DMSO water-based solution 3-5% to moisten your scalp before minoxidil (it can make a huge difference provided all other components of the regimen are in place), effects of DMSO on your scalp should be seen within a week
3) dutasteride .5 mg
4) keto shampoo (e.g. Nizoral 2% daily) + detox-shampoo (with a peeling effect e.g. Vichy/Nioxin), do not use hair balm etc - only shampoo + massage at least 5 min
5) Isotretinoin low-dose - e.g. 10 mg daily to get rid of the apparent sebaceous hyperplasia, oily scalp and clogged hair follicles
6) a zinc supplement
7) tofacitinib (if affordable)
8) clascoterone (when available)

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
OH, I meant this option 1 - minoxidil 15% + azelaic acid 5% twice daily

If you have already tried needling along with minoxidil i doubt 15% minoxidil will make any difference, you could always ask your derm to get low dose oral minoxidil prescribed, honestly though you are past the point of no return for conventional approaches to be of any use and give you significant regrowth. I would just shave it or get a system. HRT is very extreme but also a choice if you don't care about sides, even that's not a guarantee though.

Last edited:

sop1rano

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah, Ive done everything for about 10-15 years now....wonder where I went wrong or my body just said thats enough, ha

joeblack2017

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Just buzz it off. Would look neat. You don't need to shave it all like a skinhead